thoughts on bumping up compression

sidewinder is still the fastest diesel drag truck? i thought that was only true years ago

Still true, yes. But I think this year that will change...

sidewinder was not a drag truck, it was a purpose built LSR truck. Which actually holds ZERO records at Bonneville, even that is where it was run and smashed the actaul record. I don't recall why, had something to do with licsensing or rules or clssification (could be that a dakota never came witha diesel). Just don't remember

BUT the FASTER diesel TRUCK at Bonneville is...

Unlimited Diesel Truck - /UDTU
The Phoenix

C. Heap
08/03 272.685

sidewinder was not a drag truck, it was a purpose built LSR truck. Which actually holds ZERO records at Bonneville, even that is where it was run and smashed the actaul record. I don't recall why, had something to do with licsensing or rules or clssification (could be that a dakota never came witha diesel). Just don't remember

BUT the FASTER diesel TRUCK at Bonneville is...

- /UDTU
The Phoenix

C. Heap
08/03 272.685

The sidewinder dakota is still the FIA/BIN world record holder with a 2 way average of 217.036mph. No idea where you're getting your info from. "The Banks Cummins-powered Sidewinder has been timed and certified at 217.306-mph by the Federation Internationale De L'Automobile (FIA), which is widely regarded as the keeper of international automotive world speed records. FIA timed Banks in its Category B, Group III, Class 17 class."
Try here: PickupTruck.com - SPAL and Gale Banks Both Have the 'Fastest' Diesel Pickup

Now back to the subject at hand

Last edited:
I'd rather talk about Land Speed Racing and hear what Wade is talking about the records being broken this year??

Low blow dude!! My nuts hurt from half way across the country. LMAO

Oh and if Lloyd had't screwed me over and screwed up my truck I'd be setting the new record you speak of!!! That WAS the plan at least. :(

Low blow dude!! My nuts hurt from half way across the country. LMAO

Oh and if Lloyd had't screwed me over and screwed up my truck I'd be setting the new record you speak of!!! That WAS the plan at least. :(

Well i cant help that lloyd was that way to several of his customers, but.......

Maybe one day you will get it all finished and get her done!!

Getting a STORM block for it! :evil

It will be way down on power for now (still hoping for 600-650), at least until I can afford new sticks and get the external watsegate for it.

Snedge was trying to figure out the trans issue. But now it is going back to Goerend to see what's wrong.

Either way it'll be a tow rig from here on out.

Getting a STORM block for it! :evil

It will be way down on power for now (still hoping for 600-650), at least until I can afford new sticks and get the external watsegate for it.

Snedge was trying to figure out the trans issue. But now it is going back to Goerend to see what's wrong.

Either way it'll be a tow rig from here on out.

Sounds like it's been a tow rig for a while. Tow it here, tow it there....

LOL

Actually the ONLY place it has been is OUT of Mid-Atlantic Diesel "Performance".

I meant to say the only time it has been towed.

Grammar fail.