Throttle is to touchy after p pump swap

I found if you retard your fuel timing it will calm it down a little....you will just need some seat time to get used to the way it drives.

its not so much the jerking, just the initial jerk id imagine that makes your foot come off and back on the pedal that keeps the jerking going. atleast for me.

What size injectors are you running? I found when I put DDP Comp injectors in that it made that issue much worse. I've learned to drive through it. With my current pump, if you let it drop to an idle in 2nd or 3rd it will start to jerk. I just give it a decent amount of throttle to power through it. Give it a little throttle and your foot will bounce and make it worse. That, or just put my foot on the clutch.

If the return springs are about right, then it almost has to be that you have the governor springs too tight. A 4k should be pretty driveable unless the throttle is really easy to push, or the springs are too tight. Back 3 clicks off each side(as long as they arent loose then) and just see what you have. It should help.

Eric

Well the truck has a set of 7x.016s in it. I took 2 clicks out of the springs, and its gettin better as i get a lil more used to it. I think that was the biggest problem. Thanks for the help.

take the stock return spring and hook it to the fuel inlet line, makes it super tight but it fixed mine.

my buddys is like that, and the gov springs are not near tight enough yet cause it only goes to 3500. not timing either cause its only at 16*.

Ya mine only free revs to 3600 as well... Its better it just takes a lil gettin used to..

interesting. i wonder if maybe yall have the same springs and that is the prob afterall.

Ya i havent been drivin my in the last month.. And i just started drivin it agin, and its dumb im gonna have to do somthing with it.. Thinkin about puttin a different set of 4k in it..