throttling problems, please help!!!!!!

it does have some white smoke out of the stack and shakes like a ***** and doesnt really wanna run. my linkages dont fell tight.

I bought my linkage new from schieds and with all that fuel the linkage was pulling on it just enough and with the gov springs being touchy is was like "flooding" it out. I just popped the s- rod off the ball at the back side and it pretty much fired right up then.

that might have a lil something to do with it actually. we had put a return spring on the thorottle linkage on the pump to help pull that back. the spring is a lil heavier than normal, but not that bad. then S rod is should be adjusted just right...i still think the timing is off because there is way to much white smoke.

before i do anything. im going to re time it, and put a new lock washer on, and then pull linkage off and try and start it.....i talked to the guy that i got the pump from and he swears that when its pinned its at 0*.

waiting for an expert to come help me out.

Sounds like the pump is 180 out.Your best bet is to get timing gauge that messures plunger lift and get a good tdc mark.

when we timed it we had the pump sitting on top of the pin. should it have been sitting on the bottom?

I have never really used the pins so I dont know,When rotating the motor over clockwise watch the plunger it has two strokes and you need to make sure that the when you are trying to time it the plunger needs to go all the way down then start to come up,on one of the strokes it makes it dose not go all the way down and that sounds like your problem to me. I had to re time a truck that had the same problem and it started fine after fixing the timing.

make sure that the truck is at tdc and not 180 out. To be sure, when rotating past tdc neither sets of valves should move. If you are out 180, then the exh valves will close just as you approach tdc and the intake valves will open just after you pass tdc.

unless you got a really special pump, there is only injection stroke per cylinder per revolution?

someone was telling me that my cam might not be in right. I degreed the intake lobe to 104. the cam card said 105. i called them and they said 104 is fine. so i dont think that would be an issue. the degree wheel i had on the crank said 104.

i am just thinking that its the timing. i am going to retime is first thing before i go any farther. i was told that the timing might be to low, or to high. i dont know what to believe.

so your saying that its 180* out of time?

well after all my worries i have figured out the problem i hope. I called mark at TDI and had him look him exactly what the pump is locked timed at. Its locked timed at 13*, not 0*.

I told you.. :D Lol

I'm glad you got it figured out. You didn't give up!!

hopefully that will fix the problem. haha....thanks everyone for all the info and help!