timeslip???

dipapadakis

a few people said this doesnt seem right a 13.7 @ only 85. thats what my timeslip read it was about 104*f at 1100ft elevation on a very sticky track with a 30lb launch in 4wd 25lbs of air in the tires felt very fast off the line but everyone says there must have been a mistake with time machine whats your guys's 2 cents?

60 1.667
330 4.530
1/8 8.038@69.58
1000 11.120
1/4 13.767@85.35

The only way to run 8.03 in the 1/8th at such a low MPH is to be in a super high performance purpose built drag vehicle that does a moderate 1.66 launch, runs it up to 100+ MPH, then hits the brakes and/or pulls the chute and slows down to 69 MPH before crossing the mid-track timers.

Check out this drag race calculator, it shows you what a normal run should look like. The slowest 1/8th mile time it will accept with a 1.66 60' time is 7.6 seconds @ 88 MPH. http://www.thelothridgefamily.com/DragGuess.html

Honestly, your truck probably doesn't have enough power to do a 1.66 60' time even with near perfect traction.

That 1.66 60ft kinda jumped out at me too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yea it seemed wrong to me but thats wat the slip said.... it was a really good launch on good tires on an excellent track with really hot weather but it just didnt seem right to me

The only way that slip could make sense to me is if you let off at half - 3/4 track...???

The only way that slip could make sense to me is if you let off at half - 3/4 track...???

If he let off at 1/2 track, the 1/8th MPH would still have to be around 90 MPH.

It's dang near physically impossible to run 8.0 at 69 MPH without heavily using the brakes, especially with the other split times shown on the slip.

I honestly believe there was a malfunction in the timing system.

Smoking the lights doesn't make sense because he said he had a good launch which to me means 1.9 seconds or quicker. If by chance smoke lingered in the light beams for 0.24 seconds, that would mean adding 0.24 seconds onto his time slip would be an accurate total ET. However, adding .024 onto a 13.7 run ends up with a 13.94 run @ 85 MPH. Once again, 85 MPH is only fast enough to run about 15 seconds flat.

Therefore, something screwed up the timing system at the track and I highly doubt it was lingering smoke at the starting line because it wouldn't produce the obviously erroneous time slip.

My question: I assume you made more than one run at the track, what are the times on your other time slips?

I agree with Big Maroon98. If the Trap Speeds are correct, ETs from the 330' to 1320' would make perfect sense if you added a full Second and a half. The 60' time doesn't jive to that logic though. What was your Reaction time? Not that it is extremely relevant to ETs. Fron what I've seen, "smoked" out runs usually have a very slow reaction time.

.4 reaction time and the run before that it didnt engage in 4 it was a slip n slid and when i launched at 10lbs i got a 15 flat then launched @ a little over 30 got my 13.767 then called it quits for the day whats more likely the speed gun not being calibrated or the reaction lasers? it was pheonix international raceway... u would figure theyd have half decent **** there....

i ran next to a common rail 6 speed 90 horse sticks a smarty studs and a 50 shot heres what he ran

so he left first but i passed him pretty damn quick and was a few truck lengths a head of him then at the finish line he was about a truck or 2 behind me.. but he ran a 15.599 @ 87 and i left almost a second after he left the line and i still beat him

r/t -.336
60 2.331
330 6.664
1/8 10.108@70.82
1/4 15.599@ 87.50

my run
r/t .401
60 1.667
330 4530
1/8 8.038@69.58
1000 11.120
1/4 13.767@85.35

Just read your other post, you need to verify your wot fuel pressure...

dont know the exact numbers no gauge or anything but i know my fuel pressure picked up when i stacked that spring a decent amount i noticed a huge difference in that then i blocked off my wastegate figured out my shifting issues and dropped tire pressure gutted the afc and a few other little things

The only way to run 8.03 in the 1/8th at such a low MPH is to be in a super high performance purpose built drag vehicle that does a moderate 1.66 launch, runs it up to 100+ MPH, then hits the brakes and/or pulls the chute and slows down to 69 MPH before crossing the mid-track timers.

Check out this drag race calculator, it shows you what a normal run should look like. The slowest 1/8th mile time it will accept with a 1.66 60' time is 7.6 seconds @ 88 MPH. http://www.thelothridgefamily.com/DragGuess.html

Honestly, your truck probably doesn't have enough power to do a 1.66 60' time even with near perfect traction.

i swear those are only accurate for 2wd aplications and dont deal with 4wd launches not sure though just thinking? watching from the side though people have told me top end the can see my truck dive down when it kicks in o/d

so basically what happened so i understand is the lights still thought the truck was there since the smoke took its place?

wasnt looking unfortunity i was looking at the board to see wat i hit my top end droped about 5 miles from what it normally hit im guessing thats due to it being 104 outside and back to back runs and **** first run i hit 90 with a lighter launch i think that turbo started getting real hot

If he was gaining back on you at the end, then he was obviously going faster in MPH. Assuming his time slip is legit because the numbers actually calculate correctly and ET/MPH are consistent, I'd say the MPH timers were working fine on your run as well.

However, if your truck ran slower in MPH both at midpoint and topend, it's impossible for you to cross the finish line first when you started 0.737 seconds later than him. This then points to the fact that the MPH timers were not working correctly in your lane.

If: both reaction times are correct, and the other lane's timing system was correct, and you won by two truck lengths = 40'. 87MPH = 127.6 Ft/sec. Therefore, you crossed the finish line 0.313 seconds before the other truck. Combining that with the reaction time difference: 15.599 - .336 - .401 - 0.313 = 14.54 was your true elapsed time

I suggest you go back to the track with no changes and make more than two passes and see what your truck will run. I also suggest you correct your low WOT fuel pressure issue since that's likely the reason your truck noses over on the top end.

yea i will deffienately be doing more runs i was excited at first and wasnt really paying attention to the reality of it otherwise i would have ran a few more runs to make sure it was right but didnt want to break nothin thanks for all the input

Back