timeslip???

so basically what happened so i understand is the lights still thought the truck was there since the smoke took its place?

correct. i've seen a kid get a timeslip that said he ran a 9.6 sec 1/4 at 95mph. He thought he really did that, until some of the track officials said they had seen a lot of guys run times their trucks weren't actually capable of because they smoked the lights out. i ran a 13.7 @108mph in my truck last september consistently which seemed right. i raced a couple gas trucks that got very close times to mine when we were neck and neck the whole track too.

that 1/4 mph speed would compute to something more like a 15- 15.5 from what ive seen

ya i realized that i really didnt want to believe it at first i was hoping that it was possible thats why i had to post it to have people tell me it was physically impossible just pisses me off because after the new tranny i jumped from running a 14.5 to a 14.9.... but yes i knew once i saw my trap speed it couldnt be right but didnt want to admit it to myself ya that day it was a little over 100 outside a few weeks after that i saw a 14.9 when it was a bit cooler outside...

i swear those are only accurate for 2wd aplications and dont deal with 4wd launches not sure though just thinking? watching from the side though people have told me top end the can see my truck dive down when it kicks in o/d

Those track calculators are pretty damn accurate even for 4x4, punch in the 1/8m run info in my sig and see what you come up with, even just punching in my 60' time will nearly print out the rest of the sheet for you.

I've only ran the 1/4 twice, 13.1@111mph spinning like a mad man out of the hole & then a 45.xx @ 27mph with a broken input shaft :nail:

Back