Tint %'s

Ok I just got inside from putting the 2.5% on the front two windows! I used a squeegee I had to work all the bubbles out and dried all the water/soap mix that came out. I am wondering what I should do for the back three windows, it has 20% already and I don't know if I should strip it and do the 2.5% or just put 5% on top of the 20%...?

Any input ya'll?

I would pull the 20% if it is old and put on 2.5%.

Any idea where to buy good tint online?

The 20% has been on there a while but it is in good shape, it doesn't have any scrapes or anything. The way I see it is the 20%+5% would = about 1% light transition right? So it would be a little darker than my fronts? Would I still be able to see out during the day?

Also on the outside of the windows I have water stains from the last owner not drying the windows off after washing them, is there anyway to get rid of that?

update, i'm running with no window tint anymore haha.
got my 7th ticket so got it all taken off.

Tried Windex didn't work, then I tried just straight ammonia lol. No luck there either.

So what do you guys say, 20%+5% or just 2.5% on the back?

I am leaning towards the 5% on top of 20% for the back and then just 2.5% on the rear sides... But want to know ya'lls advice on that...

I'd do them the same, I have 5% all around (well nothing on the front) but if you want darker I'd say 2.5% on all. A buddy of mine has 2.5% all around, and I think it looks weird, almost like the "glass" on a Hot Wheels, but that might be just me:D:D

And how hard is the water out there, I grew up in Liberty and don't remember it being that bad...

i think i already said this but will again, 2.5% is not a professional tint. it is a walmart/autozone/o'reilly tint. 2.5% is actually lighter then 5% professional.

i was running 3 layer 5% and loved it.

if you do double layer anything, always do the less number % first then high number. (ie 5% then 20% on top) to try and prevent reflection as much as possible.

Try some steel Wool on the window (Must be VERY fine) , If that wont take the spots of theres some profesional buffing compounds for it!
If you dont want anyone to see in do mirror on top of the tint you already have!

2.5% looks very cheap and shoty, Its almost thick or vinyl looking

I already put the 2.5% on the front windows. IMO it looks just fine, from the outside it is as black as black gets and you can only see in very slightly when you get reeeaaaal close. From the inside it looks just like normal tint, instead of a "charcoal" look to the outside it was a little more green tint to it but the more it has dried the more "charcoal-y" it is getting. The limo I rode in to prom was EXACTLY like this tint wise.

Like I said I am doing this #1 to see if I can do it and look correct. #2 even if I strip everything down and retint it 3 times I am still saving money over getting it tinted once and I am only out my personal time.

So how is daytime driving visibility with 20%+5% on the back window? I already have a roll of 5% that I can add but I would like a little bit of opinion on daytime visibilty, nighttime doesn't really matter much...

when you do double/triple layer any percentage, you will always have a MAJOR refelection.

when i was just running 20% on top of 5% and tried to look out my back window with my rear-view mirror during the day, all i saw was my radio & stuff. so i said screw it and went with triple layer 5% to top it off haha.

did you buy the 2.5 from auto part store? if so, it will NOT last too long. i am not "knocking" your work, just telling you, it will fade, turn purple, and bubble/peel.

i have had 47 of my trucks tinted and every time i stay & talk with the guy that does them. i learn new info all the time.

on the soap use baby shampoo mixed with water. one da one, or 50% 50%. it wont kill the adhesive. also perfect for decals.

Well I put the 5% on top of the rear 20% that was already there and it looks great, you can't see in at all unless the sun is directly in front of me :) During the day I can see out just fine and if a car is behind me I can still see decent. On the front it just has one layer of 2.5% and you can still see in a little. So I am thinking about putting 35% on top of the 2.5%, that should get that fixed up! lol

Thanks for all the help ya'll!