Todays events at IRP

Sheila,
Thanks! You can reach me by e-mail (michael |at| isspro dot com) or phone 800.888.8065, ext 3407. I'll admit to having started drag racing in 1983 (when I was 15), but my now-Ex-wife kept me from doing much of it in the past 10 years (she griped if I spent any time or money on the race cars). I just started bracket racing again (ran twice at the end of last season in my Typhoon, ran last weekend in my F350). It's been fun to get back into it. Kind of like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it completely.

Mike,
I wish I had made it out there! I stayed at the track pretty late, chatting with guys from Great Lakes TDR. After I got back to the hotel, I wandered the parking lot a bit at Days Inn, hoping to catch a ride to the warehouse. Ended up chatting with a few people in the parking lot, but never made it to the warehouse. I was trying to minimize driving the U-Haul, as it costs $1/mile on top of fuel costs!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Michael,

Man it was good to meet you...and yes the U-haul was the talk of the race.

Phil

Michael,
It was a pretty good time out there, if I would of known you could of rode with us!!!

Everyone had a good time except the guy whose truck got hit while someone else was doing a good doughnut. . .

But those are the breaks!!

Mike

mikehalseyjr said:
Michael,
It was a pretty good time out there, if I would of known you could of rode with us!!!

Everyone had a good time except the guy whose truck got hit while someone else was doing a good doughnut. . .

But those are the breaks!!

Mike
Mike,
That must be why the cops, ambulance and fire trucks all went racing past the hotels! Glad nobody got hurt!

Regards,
Michael

Michael said:
Sheila,
Thanks! You can reach me by e-mail (michael |at| isspro dot com) or phone 800.888.8065, ext 3407. I'll admit to having started drag racing in 1983 (when I was 15), but my now-Ex-wife kept me from doing much of it in the past 10 years (she griped if I spent any time or money on the race cars). I just started bracket racing again (ran twice at the end of last season in my Typhoon, ran last weekend in my F350). It's been fun to get back into it. Kind of like riding a bike, you never forget how to do it completely.

Mike,
I wish I had made it out there! I stayed at the track pretty late, chatting with guys from Great Lakes TDR. After I got back to the hotel, I wandered the parking lot a bit at Days Inn, hoping to catch a ride to the warehouse. Ended up chatting with a few people in the parking lot, but never made it to the warehouse. I was trying to minimize driving the U-Haul, as it costs $1/mile on top of fuel costs!

Thanks,
Michael Pliska
Mike:
The U-haul was way too cool !

However several people wanted new sets of gauges on Monday.... they were looking for anything but ISSPRO.... seems they were irritated being eliminated by a U-haul. LOL

Just Jokin

I heard several folks complain about the ringer in the U-Haul. LOL Maybe we can find you an Ice Cream Truck for Commerce Michael LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
I heard several folks complain about the ringer in the U-Haul. LOL Maybe we can find you an Ice Cream Truck for Commerce Michael LOL
If we can find something for me to race, I'll be there to race it! Think you could find me a diesel ice cream truck?

The only thing which might screw things up for Commerce is that it's the weekend before my daughter's 4th b-day, and my Ex would probably schedule her party that weekend just to pi$$ me off. I was thinking about having a separate party for her at my house anyway....

Regards,
Michael Pliska

It was good to meet you Mike, I had a great time hanging out. So many people, I only wish I could have caught up with everybody. Good to see everybody else as well and hope to catch up with many of you at future events.

The 26 truck convoy on the way down was cool, the big rig drivers were having a blast with us on the CBs.
I have to admit it, I really missed the cooler racing :D

Hey Guys,

We had a great time. It was really nice seeing all our friends and meeting new ones. Actually, it was quite an interesting weekend :bang I was only going to do 1 :bang but :bang :bang :bang seems more like it LOL

Congratulations to all the pullers, racers and Micheal, in the U-Haul. A special thanks to Sheila who did an awesome job of catching all the highlights and hoping to share with all of you again soon.

Not too many but I've got a few pictures to share.

Vivian

How bout some of those you took Saturday night? LOL

Michael said:
If we can find something for me to race, I'll be there to race it! Think you could find me a diesel ice cream truck?

The only thing which might screw things up for Commerce is that it's the weekend before my daughter's 4th b-day, and my Ex would probably schedule her party that weekend just to pi$$ me off. I was thinking about having a separate party for her at my house anyway....

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Mikey:

Now that I'm thinking about it.... UPS might pay you to race the TRUCK?

Timbeaux38 said:
How bout some of those you took Saturday night? LOL

Well, I'm on another computer and the pictures are saved a bit differently than I am used to. Problem is they saved as a pdf file and it's too big to load. I have some good pictures of you and Phil on Saturday afternoon in the "ready to go" golf cart with the fast cooler but I have no pictures from Saturday night LOL

Vivian

Sorry. All the Saturday night pictures were confiscated by Plainfield's finest. For more information please go to your local United States Post Office.

Vivian

I heard there was some "profiling" going on in Indy. LOL
They were'nt quite ready for DJ I guess....LOL

LOL I don't think anybody's really quite ready for DJ, but as I understand it, he did nothing wrong :blahblah1:

BTW, he likes your little avatar.

Vivian

What kinda pics we talking about here??

I snagged some from the activities after hours. . .

Sorry I missed it, looks like an awsome time. Sweet pictures. Maybe next year.