Ton of blow by. Whats goin on.

I put breathers in the valve cover and a 12v tapper cover on mine and just got rid of the front breather. I just put a 12v oil fill in it's place. Your never gonna get it from blowing out that vent since the p-pump returns oil out if the front of the pump.

where are you guys getting the valve cover breather for the 24 vavle cover, went to two parts stores adn none would even come close

Just get an old style breather like what people have been using on sbc's for years. They usually come with the gromets, just drill the hole and put the gromet in and the breather will push right in.

Under $10 at Kragen Auto.

Attachments

• breather.jpg
    breather.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 34
i was thinking could i use one of those round shaped breathers from the auto store and attach a hose to it and have it hooking onto the factory breather (the part that screws into the timing cover)? would that work? then it would keep all the oil in the motor.

im still running the just the stock breather on mine and dont have any problems with blow by and never get oil on the ground...... mayby im just lucky???

That wouldn't work. It would just circulate the pressure but not reliev it anywhere. I have a MR. Gasket filter that pushes right into the oil fill in the valve cover and a 12v tapped cover.
i was thinking could i use one of those round shaped breathers from the auto store and attach a hose to it and have it hooking onto the factory breather (the part that screws into the timing cover)? would that work? then it would keep all the oil in the motor.

hardest part is looking under the valve cover and trying to find a spot with no casting webs etc

HPIM0356.jpg

HPIM0354.jpg

See that's one problem I don't have with mine. I've gone WOT several times and pulled over to check for oil leakage but nothing. Stock breather and side cover. I do have a small leak in my side cover gasket so that might be helping.

See that's one problem I don't have with mine. I've gone WOT several times and pulled over to check for oil leakage but nothing. Stock breather and side cover. I do have a small leak in my side cover gasket so that might be helping.

I think the blowby starts just as soon as you break 500hp. You should be ok for now.

WOW this oil drain/blow by is a *****. It covered the whole underside completely. We are thinking- put one or two valve cover breathers and tie the breather on the front cover into the valve cover.

I get some blowby when I exceed 4k rpm's, I'm working on a new valvecover to help.

That wouldn't work. It would just circulate the pressure but not reliev it anywhere. I have a MR. Gasket filter that pushes right into the oil fill in the valve cover and a 12v tapped cover.

X2. Mr. Gasket #2049 breather. done!

WOW this oil drain/blow by is a *****. It covered the whole underside completely. We are thinking- put one or two valve cover breathers and tie the breather on the front cover into the valve cover.
Fixed it. Put two Pepboys circle breathers in the valve cover and blocked off the front cover breather!

I think i have a leak on the back of my side cover gasket as well. I used a new rubber gasket and cleaned the surface throughly. I wonder if it could be a related issue. From what i can tell its leaking from there but there could be another cause.

Also what about running a 12V oil fill tube with a breather on top?

Thanks went to autozone and they have what i was looking for. little hesitant to drill a hole but it is needed!