Ton of blow by. Whats goin on.

why are all you guys changing the tappet covers what does that help just wondering

a stock 12v or aftermarket billet tappet cover comes with ports for a breather to relieve pressure inside the crack case. this helps because the stock 24v breather at the front of the motor is located right where the p-pump returns oil to the timing cover (behind the timing gear), so any extra pressure in the case pushes that oil out the breather.

What he said. If you use the stock 12v breather cover you have to figure out something to do with the ECM and the stock lift pump bracket as both are in the way.

What he said. If you use the stock 12v breather cover you have to figure out something to do with the ECM and the stock lift pump bracket as both are in the way.

Zipcut the ear off the bracket, and my ECM is still just flopping around in there, so all was easy there. After putting the 12v breather on, I haven't noticed nearly as much oil under the truck after running. For a free mod, I like it!

Yup. I'm installing the factory 12v pump on mine so no worries there. Figure with the 24v breather and the 12v breather there should be plenty of ventilation.

I have a factory 12v tappet cover if anyone is interested, it's brand new, and I'd sell it a lot cheaper then retail.