Traction Bars

Dual EEIdahoRob said:
What do you use to clamp your springs?

I bought a set of trailer shackles, about $10.00. I've also seen guys use axle u-bolts, these you can get from any spring shop in town, just need a bottom plate to complete. Friend of mine just cut and drilled some flat stock and bolted them up. I had a picture somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

rickou812 said:
I don't see applications for F250 ect. or prices? :confused:

Call them, they’ll want your bushing diameter, these guys are great to work with and have made cal tracs for many of the diesel racers.

About three years ago, I was traveling down the road and decided to accelerate my truck. I lost control, went through a four plank fence, slide across a field, ran over a Holstein, hit a bail of hay, side swiped a barn, smashed into a three bottom plow and wound up stuck to a fly strip hanging from farmer Joe’s porch. As a result of all this, I bent one of my cal bars.
I called them up and they replaced it free of charge.:bang

I had Cal Tracs untill last week.
While they worked well on my CC short bed 2wd truck...I didn't like how they unloaded so hard if I happened to lose traction.
Sooooo....I used the axle mount from them and made some longer bars myself. 6'4" to be exact....the front pivot point is just behind the back of the front doors on the frame.
On a 1-10 scale:
Cal-Tracs = 6 1/2
My bars = 10

You can feel them push the front of the truck upwards when I leave the line and put all the weight on the tires whereas the Cal-Tracs would lift the rear of the truck and use that weight to plant the tires.
Trust me...after much trial and error....longer is better on a 2wd truck.

I just put a set of Caltracts on my '04 the other weekend :bigsmile:

I installed Cal-tracs on my truck a couple of months ago. After comparing many races at the track with them vs just spring clamps, I have seen NO difference on 60' times.

I sometimes tow heavy and have to adjust the bars, plus they make noise. I would not do this again if I had it to do over again, but I have a 4x4.

My .02

Fletcher said:
Call them, they’ll want your bushing diameter, these guys are great to work with and have made cal tracs for many of the diesel racers.

About three years ago, I was traveling down the road and decided to accelerate my truck. I lost control, went through a four plank fence, slide across a field, ran over a Holstein, hit a bail of hay, side swiped a barn, smashed into a three bottom plow and wound up stuck to a fly strip hanging from farmer Joe’s porch. As a result of all this, I bent one of my cal bars.
I called them up and they replaced it free of charge.:bang

Don't you love that feeling of stupid,LOL Anyone have a number or cal tracs, would a sway bar help with the rear and not let it get lose when your in a fast turn?