traction

Bfd from what I under stand there's not a ton needed to grind on the drums for the rear but im not sure on the fronts but I do know a im spar wheel that came with the truck wont work on the front and its a 16. But the steel wheels the truck has fit fine and they are also 16's?

I have the same issue, my best 60ft is like a 2.2 on aired down toyo proxes, i've lost my overload springs, and need to get caltracs, i just wish somebody made a taller set of slicks than 28" to fit 17" wheels! M&H only makes a 28" and i can't seem to find any taller! I need a taller one because i want the top end that i have now, i'm just afraid i will gain E/T on the bottom end and lose it up top. BTW truck has 3.73 gears.

What about these? (g) 390/40R17 They are very wide tires, so they may not fit.

QA1 shocks, caltracs and lost the overloads, and I was able to get 1.60-1.65 60fts on Toyos (but truck is 4x4). Going to drag radials this year.

Last edited:
What about these? (g) 390/40R17 They are very wide tires, so they may not fit.

QA1 shocks, caltracs and lost the overloads, and I was able to get 1.60-1.65 60fts on Toyos (but truck is 4x4). Going to drag radials this year.
I really like those, but i wish somebody made a 32" or taller tire really, i run out of rpms really quickly up top. Like 120ish mph.

the only thing im thinking right now i can do a 5psi leave on the street with 45psi in the tires (toyo open countrys) and i dont spin out of the hole that bad. but when i hit second and the tc locks if when i start spinning . but wont it hook better on the strip? also what should i run for air in the tires at the track? and how much boost should i leave the line at? the trucks running all free pump mods, mack rack plug, fass 200gph, 5x20 injectors, a 66/74/14 charger, built tranny triple disc tc and hardned input shaft.

How many leafs are you guys running who take a few out? Also who has moved the passenger shock to a rear axle mount and what kind of results did you get?

I have 2 leafs, caltracs, and some slicks. My slicks are on the small side so I can't leave very hard or I still spin. My best is 1.8 60', but not very consistent. I think it still takes alot of skill to get good 60'

My best 60' with my 27x10 road race slicks is 1.90. I could have left with more power on that run because it stuck like glue but I agree, it's really inconsistent.

On a non-prepped street tire night, when I'm running my slicks, consistent 2.0 to 2.1 is normally what I see in my 2wd.

My truck is far from being tuned perfectly, but small changes do seem to help with consistency and each time out at the track, I seem to get it tuned a little better.

Big blue have you tryed a deepstage? I haven't seen anything on your thread that you have but I bet your 60' time would get better

How come people don't run bigger slicks? 27in seems kinda small? Is that the norm? I was kinda hoping to run 33's if anyone makes them that big.

How come people don't run bigger slicks? 27in seems kinda small? Is that the norm? I was kinda hoping to run 33's if anyone makes them that big.

Hoosier makes a 33X17X16 drag slick that I plan to run on my 2wd.

For me, it's all about the cost of big slicks.

If I had a few extra bucks, I'd definitely run a 31 to 33" tall tire in as wide as I could fit.

Big blue have you tryed a deepstage? I haven't seen anything on your thread that you have but I bet your 60' time would get better

Deep staging hurts your 60' time, ET, and MPH.

The only benefit to deep staging is it improves your reaction time.

I really like those, but i wish somebody made a 32" or taller tire really, i run out of rpms really quickly up top. Like 120ish mph.

What MPH have you run with the crummy 60's?

What MPH have you run with the crummy 60's?
like 103-104 is what it usually traps, which is a ways from my top speed i realize, i just like the idea of a 31-33" slick on my truck. I've got a set to try, but they are 16"s and i'd have to do some grinding.

Back