trade my 3:55s for your 4:10s

mitch13

go big
just as the add says i want to trade my gears front and rear out of a 4x4 99 dodge 3500 5.9 diesel (3:55s) with 120k miles for a set of 4:10s with around the same mileage...thanks

just as the add says i want to trade my gears front and rear out of a 4x4 99 dodge 3500 5.9 diesel (3:55s) with 120k miles for a set of 4:10s with around the same mileage...thanks

i'd be interested but how would we go about swapping? i'm in NW Indiana. are your 3:55's posi? i have dana 60&80 97 3500 with 126k on the clock and 4:10's posi, I would love to have 3:55's! put the offer to trade on CF over a year ago. i suppose we could yank everything needed and meet in ill-annoy somewhere?

I have a set of low mile 4:10's I just took out of a 97 Ram 3500 with 80/60 axles. Roughly 120K.

Last edited:
contact info is in my signature.
after 5 pm its best to email.

csnyder i tried to pm you but your accounts full give me a call if you would 1-319-470-5042 thanks

Can't pm you, need more posts, I've been a member here for a few years, but never post. I'll call you tomorrow after 5. In the mean time, if you still have your under hood sticker it should say if its a posi lock diff or not. If not, simply jack up the rear end, put the truck in neutral and toll the rear tires. If they both toll the same direction, it's a posi, if they roll opposite on each side, it's open diff. Talk to you tomorrow.

Thanks guys but unfourtanitly i made a transaction with CSnyder drove 8 hours to get the parts only to realize when i got home he gave me the wrong stuff. Luckly he will not answer his phone and has made zero effort to cantact me back except for on here just to talk crap...I got hosed and know it just wanted to maybee help some of you guys out down the road

What parts did he give you that were wrong? I know a lot of people on here do business with Chris and he's a stand up guy...can't imagine how this would happen

Read his profile visitor mssgs for more info. I pulled gears out of a truck here and they went right into a box which he picked up and loaded into his car two days after they were removed. His gears came here with him in a cow bucket with water in the bottom. I didnt ask for a single thing for helping him get what he wanted. They are used gears that typically just go in my scrap trailer but figured Id exchange them with him for nothing if he wanted them. There is NO possible way that what he picked up is wrong. He claims he called my shop number all day Saturday and it wouldnt go through. Strange since I received at least a few dozen calls between opening at 8 am and closing at 3 pm. So after closing I jumped in my truck with a bunch of friends and we headed out to Madison WI for a diesel meet and he starts to blow up my personal cell number calling non stop while Im enjoying my time off. I finally handed my phone to a member from here and he answers and this kid is rattling on and on about what a douche I am etc etc for not wanting to deal with him on MY time on my personal cell number when there wasnt a f'n thing I could do to help him when Im 4 hours from home. Hes obviously looking for free reach arounds since I didnt charge him a thing for swapping parts and he ws bargain shopping here for a used cold air and a 12V 4x4 truck with a Goerend trans was too rich for his blood at 3500.00 bucks. When I got home this morning from 8 hours of driving and having some fun with friends he posted a nasty call out on my visitor mssgs so I then replied to go pound sand. If he hadnt been a douche on the phone or posted that mssg I would have opened up shop today just for him and gave him gas money to come get his free exchange parts back.

Last time I checked you can still take the truck off jack stands and move it from the center of the shop with no ring and pinion LOL

This is in relation to the message on Chris' wall.

I would of done the same thing. Tell him to pound sand and disappear after treating you that way on free parts.

It wasn't free we traded our gears for a 410 set we needed the truck going for work on monday. We got 2 sets of dana 80 gears. I figured a diesel a diesel shop would know the difference between a 60 and 80. Yes he did call him many times but he did call him before noon. We were frustrated because he makes a living with this truck and wanted to do the swap in a weekend. I believe this wad a simple misunderstanding that could have been resolved with a phone call. Sorry u guys feel this way but it sucks we didn't get the gears back we needed. Now I am loaning my personal truck to him for work while I I can call a reputable diesel shop and get gears for 60. Thanks for your time.

It was not a nasty call out it was a question. I waited all day saturday to get ahold of you. Not knowing what was going on thinken I got screwed. You cant answer your cell phone on a saturday for me but you will open your shop on a sunday? You also say you would scrap my gears but when i was at your shop you said you wish I was there a week ago.
Your a compulsive liar. Maybee it wasnt your fault maybee it was the shop that your employee said took the gears out for you guys. You could have answerd your phone and talked for a minute and we could have resolved this. Your employee obviously told you what was going on...I know this is going no where so im done.

It was not a nasty call out it was a question. I waited all day saturday to get ahold of you. Not knowing what was going on thinken I got screwed. You cant answer your cell phone on a saturday for me but you will open your shop on a sunday? You also say you would scrap my gears but when i was at your shop you said you wish I was there a week ago.
Your a compulsive liar. Maybee it wasnt your fault maybee it was the shop that your employee said took the gears out for you guys. You could have answerd your phone and talked for a minute and we could have resolved this. Your employee obviously told you what was going on...I know this is going no where so im done.

Waiting all day Saturday to call me on MY time was your first mistake. Call during regular hours and not be a douche is the right choice. Blowing up my phone by calling 15 times in a hour while I was trying to enjoy some time off was the 2nd mistake. Call a parts store or another shop owner late on a Saturday night and make threats like you did and accusations and see if you are ever welcome in there again...Im no f'n different. Yes I would have tossed the 4:10's you got free from me in the scrap trailer and thats why I didnt ask for anything to boot on exchange. Thats exactly where your used gears are at now or should I say tomorrow morning when we open up. Now had you called me a week earlier or at least had your ears cleaned out I told you....hold on for this....I wouldnt have bought a set of NEW gears to put in that truck. I have PLENTY of axles laying around with 4:10's and 3:55 used gears if thats what my customer would have wanted but he wanted NEW or low mile used... However after you brought your gears here in a cow bucket full of water I wouldnt put them in a truck going to auction. So yeah what I traded you for even up is getting trashed in scrap. Ultimately because you are a moron. Someone else did huh? On here you say employee and on your profile in visitor mssgs you say my son....I dont think you know your ass from a hole in the ground kid. Keep grasping for that self entitlement you think you are due.

so ive tried all day to contact you...im guessing you knew you were screwing me over when we traded gears. if not please contact me i would like to be able to move my truck off the jack stands fron the middle of my shop thanks... call anytime 1-319-470-5042 thanks

thats your post on my visitor mssgs for anyone to look at. Maybe not a call out but accusing me of screwing you after I gave you something you wanted for NOTHING. Every single post I make has my shop number and email address posted on it. Ive never given out my cell number to anyone and said call me on this if you cant reach me at the shop unless it was rather urgent or they were a family member or close friend. I dont know anyone who likes wasting their personal time talking about fixing anything that is totally out of their reach at the time. You called 15 times in one hour....Im sure you heard my voicemail one of those times that clearly says "I do not listen to or reply to voicemails on this line so call my shop". Whats so hard to comprehend about that? A simple voicemail on my shop line or an email would have gotten you a return call or email to help you figure out your issue. Me being 4 hours away from home on a weekend night or even at home wouldnt have fixed your issues so why push it so hard to annoy the phuck out of me to the point I tell you to pound sand? I get skin off my knuckles every week fixing trucks but I dont call the owners repeatedly until they answer to let them know their truck pissed me off. Its a simple matter of respect and maturity.

Back