trailer tires

215-75-17.5 on my trailer. Got the wheels and tires out of Ok. a couple of years ago. They weren't made to fit 7000 lb. axle but I got them to work. They are a little high but will run three times as long as the truck tires I had on the trailer.

I see the guy I got them from has them advertised on ebay again. 265 for a tire and wheel plus shipping but not out of line as high as tires have gotten.

Last edited:
I just looked at your 17.5 post. Those are the wheels and tires I'm running. I gross up to 24,000 on the trailer some and haven't had a problem with them. It takes a little bit of modifing to make them work. They have a larger index hub and are made for flat lugnuts.

I'm looking into the 17.5 or 19.5 route , looking at building my own trailer in the future etc... 19.5's would work better as they would match the truck plans...

I just saw this! I have blown 17 of these POS. Trailer is a little heavy but i have a wore out spare that has spent more time on the trailer then any of the goodyears. The goodyear dealer still says there isnt anything wrong with them and it must be the trailer,ive replaced both axles. I blow one every other trip out about 300 miles one lets loose and just peals the tread off. I will be heading to the goodyear store monday morning with this article. $300+ a tire they are junk!!!!

Correction. I blew 4 G159 and the rest are the new revamped G614's

FYI heed the speed rating on the Goodyear G tires,for sure to spit the tread near 80 mph, Goodyear has stood good for damages as I can attest to.

How about carlisle trailer tires?

These use to be good tire, But now they are china junk as most trailer tires are.

Trailer

These are the only thing I run on our toyhauler. Atleast they are made in Thailand.:doh: