tranny apply lever broke???????????????

well got the truck back together fill with fluid ,,,, now i have a rattle and when i put it in drive takes a long time to feel it go in drive ,,reverse is fine ,neutral is fine ,,, drove the truck and it pulls super hard in all the gears ,,,, just don't under stand why it takes so long to go in drive.... the only think i can think of is the park rod is not seated ,,but truck goes in park and stays... any ideas before it make abon fire under it

WOW! I've broken my share of transmission parts, but never one of those! I'd check your fluid after the tranny temp is up and see if the level is right.

made sure it had enough fluid in it this morning ... put the truck in drive and felt like it always did and left it in neutral and cycled the transmission ...as the truck and tranny got up to temp no drive feels like throwing a sponge at the wall ??

Issue with the second gear band is that it is your front clutch housing. If second gear drum got hot from a slipping condition you could have lost a seal in the front drum. 1st gear is rear clutch, and overrunning clutch. 2nd gear is rear clutch and from band, drive is front clutch and rear clutch.

so going an 1/8 mile around the block could have damage the seal ??.. so what are optoins ... has thinking it might of been the valve body or is it ?

My anchor broke on my 2nd gear not long ago. I drove it with no 2nd gear for about a month before i got it fixed. Put a new anchor in it, and its fine now. I have a billet lever in mine. Make sure your anchor and strut are billet or you will be back in there again. I already had the billet lever, so I put both billet strut and anchor in it while i had it apart. You need to make sure the adjustment on your band is right now, or the tranny will slip.

Eric

check this out seperator plate hole is three times bigger and see how is pushed up.. what caused that to happen ?

Attachments

• DSC02090.JPG
    DSC02090.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC02088.JPG
    DSC02088.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 28
new here. worked on dodge transmissions for 40 years. never saw a broken second gear lever. if i had i would have pulled the trans. one just doesnt get too old to learn something. i like the short cut. do not believe it would weaken the case enough to matter.

When I had to tweak my Goerend transmission just a hair, I called up Dave and one of the things was line pressure. He made it VERY VERY clear that even an 1/8th turn makes a huge difference in line pressure and to measure any changes and never go more than 1/4 turn, ever. I'm no expert but he seems to know his stuff and if he was that adamant about not going more than a 1/4 turn, your couple turns may be WAY too much pressure. Again, I'm not claiming to be an expert, just passing some info.

Travis

When I had to tweak my Goerend transmission just a hair, I called up Dave and one of the things was line pressure. He made it VERY VERY clear that even an 1/8th turn makes a huge difference in line pressure and to measure any changes and never go more than 1/4 turn, ever. I'm no expert but he seems to know his stuff and if he was that adamant about not going more than a 1/4 turn, your couple turns may be WAY too much pressure. Again, I'm not claiming to be an expert, just passing some info.

Travis
In a normal application with a stock-ish daily driver that would be fine. In a competition diesel application all care is thrown out the window and you end up doing what works the best even if it won't last 500k miles.