Transmission Blankets

I would guess cost also as they have to be replaced every 2 years from what I am seeing.

Flex plate shield is required for 9.99 or 135mph.

ran a 10.5 @ 131 and 10.6 @ 126 blowing off the intercooler boot well befor the end of the track...... with 3 days at the track for suspension tuning

so planning ahead... for safety

The transmission blanket does not cover the bellhousing. A separate flexplate shield is required for 9.99

The trans blanket is required at 10.99 if my memory is correct.

Stroud bellhousing blanket..

Dodge 47RH 47RE 48RE Transmission Bell Housing Blanket Stroud Safety

so does this bell housing blanket meet the flexplate shield requirements? If not why would someone buy a bellhousing blanket?

well just ordered a Stroud 515 as the RCI blankets are on back order and wouldn't ship till the day before the Texas race.

I have the Dr.P engine diaper, stroud universal trans blanket for a TF727 and made my own flexplate shield... sending it out to get SFI certified then we will build them and sell them as an ATS part.. for all dodge auto trucks..

I have the Dr.P engine diaper, stroud universal trans blanket for a TF727 and made my own flexplate shield... sending it out to get SFI certified then we will build them and sell them as an ATS part.. for all dodge auto trucks..

Let us know when you guys get the shield available and pics!

Back