Triples via GTX4294R's

Joesixpack

Pull'n it.
Three identical GTX4294's with 1.1 TIAL Vband stainless housings.

I'm liking where the 3k-4.5k is shooting through the map as a secondary, and even though the GTX's are aimed at higher pressure ratio's that wheel sure fatten's out the map where it counts.

190lbs/min out of the combination for primary's, and 140lbs/min at 80% efficiency looks good on paper.

Not the cheapest solution but I want to give Garrets a shot this time.

Opinions? Isn't much out there on those chargers....a bit on YB but not a lot of data.

what happened to the 351 and S-595? not that I don't like your triple idea...

I had planned on Precision charger's doing a compound set with a 67mm over a 98 thumper. Put it on hold till I had the dyno data off this set, and I'm liking the triples better now. + Precision not releasing any maps kinda sucks bag.

Last edited:
Wonder how it will perform compared to mine. Similar airflow

What's the ETA?

Screw those farming "responsibilities", I want pictures and dyno results!

Waiting on the fabricator he's got the same way to much on the plate sickness as I.

Ended up being three GTX4508's with Tial stainless hot side housings though.....LOL

What about the 2 4294s with tial 1.0 a/r housings feeding a 4508 with say a 1.28 or 1.44 a/r devided housing? I was under the impression a larger turbine and compressor on the secondary was ideal for flow and performance?

GTX4294R's are what i was going to try on this 6.7. Should support 1500 on fuel and probably spool fine. Anything bigger would require some pretty serious fueling and be track only.

Last edited:
Or don't have enough farm exemption for it to be a 100% write off on a 1600whp"farm" truck

What about the 2 4294s with tial 1.0 a/r housings feeding a 4508 with say a 1.28 or 1.44 a/r devided housing? I was under the impression a larger turbine and compressor on the secondary was ideal for flow and performance?

I was determined to use two 4294's but when we ran it by Garrett and the RPMS I planed on running (Nothing to major....common rail...) they steered me hard in the direction of the 45 turbines.

Going to be interesting just how much it takes to get up into that much primary.

Or don't have enough farm exemption for it to be a 100% write off on a 1600whp"farm" truck

LOL I wrote the dyno off as well, the performance parts just disappear into all the rest....the bills with "performance" in the name are a little tricky.

I was determined to use two 4294's but when we ran it by Garrett and the RPMS I planed on running (Nothing to major....common rail...) they steered me hard in the direction of the 45 turbines.

Going to be interesting just how much it takes to get up into that much primary.

LOL I wrote the dyno off as well, the performance parts just disappear into all the rest....the bills with "performance" in the name are a little tricky.

We have a customer running a triple setup. He also went the route of the GTX45's. Was a little hard to light......dropped back to GTX4202's and all is well now. Just a little FYI. The GT45's made great power, but anything other then full kill mode wouldn't fall out of a tree.

We have a customer running a triple setup. He also went the route of the GTX45's. Was a little hard to light......dropped back to GTX4202's and all is well now. Just a little FYI. The GT45's made great power, but anything other then full kill mode wouldn't fall out of a tree.

Sweet! Jeez what was I thinking should have gave you guys a call.

I like it....full kill it is.

Sweet! Jeez what was I thinking should have gave you guys a call.

I like it....full kill it is.

I say try it.....full kill always works. If the tial housings don't cut it....go to the standard T4 .98A/R housings on the GT45's. They spool a touch quicker with them.

I'll keep that in mind. Had the theory of tightening up the nozzle, buildup and re-machining, but might be more work than it's worth.....I know some open it up some, you'd think the other way would apply as well.

I'll keep that in mind. Had the theory of tightening up the nozzle, buildup and re-machining, but might be more work than it's worth.....I know some open it up some, you'd think the other way would apply as well.

If it were me...start with everything stock on the turbos. Get a baseline...then go from there.