Trouble with Twin Spool Up

dodgeram2500

I recently put an HT3B under my Aurora 3000, with an external gate for the 3000. The truck is a 2001, 100hp jl machine injectors, HRVP, Drag Edge Comp, and all the other necessary goodies. On a WOT pull from a dead stop, with the edge turned off, the turbos wont light untill about mid 2nd gear. I am running drive pressure to the top of the wastegate and regulated boost pressure to the bottom of the wastegate valve. I tried to spool it up at bit at the line and got nothing. When the turbos get going I see about 12psi ish out of the 3b, about 45psi just out of the 3000, and no more than 50psi total. Drive pressure is just about 1:1. Just wondering if i dont have enough fuel? The aurora 3000 has a .85 a/r housing and 59mm comp wheel. The 3b has a 32cm turbine housing. Any help would be greatly apreciated.:what:

Another thing is the EGT's. They are just a little better with the twins over the single turbo. I figured I would see a dramatic drop in exhaust temp. I can still see 14-1500 deg. ???

With those temps there is a definite problem! Not schooled enough on twins to be of any help!

Your secondary is doing too much work. Need to open the wastegate around 30 psi for it. You should be creating equal boost from each turbo a WOT. Once you get this part tweaked in, then adjust for DP.

The 32 sounds like a bit to large for your fueling level. I think a 26 or a 22 single entry would suit your needs a bit better.

i agree with brad on this.. your big turbo ex housing is to large.. needs to be in the 26 to 22 range to be more effective..

bigger injectors, smaller housing on the 3b and gate your top charger to around 20psi.
and i would run the comp on 2x1

I touch 1800 daily with my twins, but I'm pretty sure it's 50% altitude and 50% air temp in Southern New Mexico.

-Dustin-

will the smaller turbine housing just bolt in place of the larger 32cm? another question is how much more fuel should i need for the 32cm to work nice?

Hmm, I've got a 26, but wouldnt mind a 23, might have to do some trading around here...

-Dustin-

i installed a 50mm wastegate between the manifold and the secondary ( aurora 3000 non w/g) the adapter that i made looks like ED's wastegate adapter flange. the wastegate dumps into the hot pipe.

subscribing to this... wanna learn a little about the outcome with your setup..

that 32 isnt really about fuel its rpm that would make it work.. exhaust housings are relitive to rpm and size of motor..

Ive got a ht4b 32 cm^2 exhaust housing, I wouldn't want to run it. My 26 cm^2 exhaust housing works great, would like to try a 23. You need to adjust the wastegate to open at 20psi to 25psi. Also make sure the wastegate is connected to both sides of the secondary turbo that way the wastegate is only seeing the pressure it is making. With the wastegate not opening till high boost on the secondary turbo it is taking out all the exhaust gas energy and not allowing the primary to see any, this is bad especially with such a large exhaust housing.

so someone correct me if i'm wrong.... i have a 10psi spring in the wastegate, if i put lets say 10psi of drive pressure to the top of the valve, i would need to put at least 20-25psi to the underside of the valve to let it open?

Back