Truck Problem....

Lil' E

Fuel Junky
This morning I was driving my truck in -15 degree weather and it started running stupid like the fuel was gelling so I pulled into a gas station to get some anti-gel so when I got back outside the truck had died. I went to start it back up and nothing. It wont even attempt to crank. The batteries are fine, oil is full, was in operating temp, and had oil psi. Anybody have any ideas? When you go to turn it on all you can here is the starter trying to engage. Also the coolant level is full. It has me stumped. The motor only has about 11k to 12k on it. My biggest question is has anybody ever had an HPOP lock up on them, and is that possible. My hpop was weak and I was kind of wondering of that could be the culperate. Thanks in advance.
P.S. It didn't throw the CEL.

Motor locked up? Try turning it over by the alt nut, sounds like maybe a spun bearing...hope not.

I had it towed to a shop cause I didn't have any place that was warm to try and diagnose it myself. I hope its not a spun bearing. Its been running fine until yesterday morning. It just fell on its face going down the road.

Did you get a chance to turn it over by hand yet ?

No I haven't its at a dealership now. It got towed there and they put it inside over the weekend.

It really sounds like gelled fuel....especially considering the temps you were driving in.

I would agree but gelled fuel wouldn't keep the starter from turning on a warm engine though?

Ahhh...I misread what you posted. I thought by "crank" you meant fire up.

My '03 has an issue in Cold weather where the Starter won't engeage, You hear it click and try but it does nothing..Takes a few key strokes for it to finally work.. Or did you Gel up Truck died, and happen to have a Starter fail on the same day?

well i replaced the starter when i had the motor out. which was in june. i could hear the starter click but nothing else. I suppose anything is possible.

Thanks for the input everybody. I had gelled fuel and a bad starter. Luckily it wasn't any worse than that.