Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Those cabs weren't designed for the stress of air ride, the first air ride cabs were the unibilts and the sleeper and cab are bolted together. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add the extra structure to a 379, some guys have put beams under the cab and sleeper on 359's to support them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Have you looked at the cab mate setup, they put airride on just the cab and the bunk stays solid, I guess the seal has enough give for it to work that way. They even have one for my A model that works the same way.

Its not impossible to convert the cab/sleeper to a unibilt, I know I saw a build on the webz somewhere that a guy did it to an 85

I've seen 90's non integral freightliners set up that way too.

Its not impossible to convert the cab/sleeper to a unibilt, I know I saw a build on the webz somewhere that a guy did it to an 85

I doubt if it lasted long if it was being beat on out on the road, I have heard you have to take some of the major bracing out of a 359 cab to get that to work.

There are guys that just do the ring and leave the cab and bunk mounted as they were, even some old school KWs with unibilt rings in them but still solid mount cab and bunk.

Honestly do you really need cab air ride? Seems if the trucks suspension is good enough you should be fine. Though I guess the one Pete at the farm rides like doodoo compared to the kws so maybe I'm wrong.

Those cabs weren't designed for the stress of air ride, the first air ride cabs were the unibilts and the sleeper and cab are bolted together. I'm not sure how hard it would be to add the extra structure to a 379, some guys have put beams under the cab and sleeper on 359's to support them.

Learn something new every day lol, thanks for the info!

Learn something new every day lol, thanks for the info!

My dad used a V-bracket from a Mack I believe when he put air ride under his Pete. Had a center pivot point up about the bellhousing and used the factory Pete cabmounts on top of it.

Sorry, no it's not a 6-110.

Could be an old Mitsubishi or Volvo. Don't know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nope. It is painted the wrong color as it sits.

A Deere painted the wrong color? It looks like a roosa master ip, and no accessories on the front would lead me to believe it was a stationary or off road app.

This one is a little misleading cause its missing a few parts. And I think this one came out of a military application because of the color and there's a few "funny" things on it. But still the manufacturer is the same and you're thinking in the right direction guessing Deere. You could special order these in any big truck back in the 70's.

Last edited:
Aha! Gotcha, its an ac 21000/25000 or a big al.

I've never even seen one of those in a truck, they're kind of like unicorns.

According to the internetz that was a 21000. I couldn't find a 25000 that wasn't painted purple and didn't have Allis Chalmers in big letters all over it.

Have you looked at the cab mate setup, they put airride on just the cab and the bunk stays solid, I guess the seal has enough give for it to work that way. They even have one for my A model that works the same way.
Buddy has an '85 359 with a double eagle sleeper. Cab is air ride and sleeper is too using the cab mate system, completely separate from each other and has been that way since it was new.
Guys are doing that to older KW's too. Cutting the holes and using a Pete boot, pretty cool.

I'd like to find someone that has done it on a KW to see what is all involved. Don't know if it would work on a 36" bunk or not either.

I've seen the modular cab KW sleepers on standard cab Pete's before. Silly looking things.

can go all in with a 3524 then LoL..........

IMAG0583.jpg