Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Well I'm going to order the Cabmate kit, I'll make a project/build thread and update how it works out

So there was a guess what engine this is post on Facebook tonight and nobody has guessed this one yet. Any takers?

Seen a few of these in a Mep-006 60hz genset. They are rated for 60kw. They are Allis Chalmers engines. They were replaced by the Mep-806 that has a Deere 6068T which is a 414. Both the Deere and the Allis are actually putting out around 150hp because both will hold a 110kw load.

all these pictures of really nice trucks..seriously makes me ant to go find a nice w900 or 379 and do it up and start doin it big..

all these pictures of really nice trucks..seriously makes me ant to go find a nice w900 or 379 and do it up and start doin it big..

If you look you can find great deals, just have to be patient and act when you find one. They go quick lol. Missed a 80 Model 359 Exhd 63" flattop with a blown motor for 7500, listed for a day.... But I do have a line on another like it for about the same money. So I may pick that up if I can get the time to go get it lol.

Be warned I am learning that this turns into an addiction that may require anonymous support group if I don't get it in check lol.

And if you think diesel pickups are an expensive hobby, turn around and run!

Yes sir, instead off peeling off 500 dollar chunks it's $1000,$2000, $5,000 etc. next thing you know your wondering what you got yourself into lol

Also anything that comes in a yellow package or box is actuatually made off gold, it's priced that way anyhow lol

Last edited:
Go price some cummins parts, they are all expensive anymore.

This... Everyone disses cat because they say they are unaffordable to work on. The prices really aren't that far away from cummins stuff.

Around where I live its about 5-7000 dollars cheaper to inframe a cat than an ISX

I was talking to a buddy this weekend who hauls grain with a really nice w900 and I asked how he liked driving cause I'm thinking about doing it. Me, being a mechanic he said if you're good at what you do and you like it, stick with it. He said to just find a place you like. Just cause one place may not fit you that doesn't mean other places are going to be the same. But basically before I get too far off topic he said its a good day if he works nine hours a day it's a good day. He has to deal with idiots on the road all day and he said that's the worst part of it. I'm not saying don't do it. I still want to do it lol. Sorry for blabbing on

New trucks for the fleet.

vujygy3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we are on a big job that is not my favorite... It's an EPA job and I hate it.
dugevezy.jpg

Truck is destroyed, ripped one of my boards outta the back of my bed. Just continuous bull crap...

Get to upgrade from my rookie spread to the bosses trailer this week while his E model kitty suffers from a broken crank.

Attachments

• IMG-20131120-00115.jpg
    IMG-20131120-00115.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
I don't see how anybody is making money with an ACCERT engine in their truck. Close as I can figure, this damn truck is getting around 3-3.5 mpg right now:nail: I'm ready to go back to either a 3406B or a Big Cam.

Ouch! Grossing 160k+ and average 4.3 with my mxs