Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I appreciate your blunt honesty. I would love nothing more than to have a few trucks. Problem is, like I said before, I just wouldn't have the customer base, nor do I have a knowledge of a local company to lease onto to get started without having to worry about getting my ass burnt.
Didn't aim that you directly, just an in-general observation. Personally, I would discourage any young man from even looking at a truck. It's a hard life!

Personally, I would discourage any young man from even looking at a truck. It's a hard life!

Yep....I'm 23 and been in this industry for five years, driving OTR for 1 1/2, I enjoy my job and I know I'll miss it when I quit, but the minute a job comes along that pays good and will get me home every night, I'm hanging up the keys

Didn't aim that you directly, just an in-general observation. Personally, I would discourage any young man from even looking at a truck. It's a hard life!

I understand what you're saying and I don't disagree it's a hard life. I joined the Air Force when I was 23 and got a little taste of trucking before I came in. I'm afaid this is just one of those things that I'm going to have to go against what most have tried to to tell me and either get it out of my system or find out I love it as much as I think I will and stay in it forever. I know how hard everyone says it is but if noone new ever jumped off the deep end then there wouldn't be any freight moving. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. But thanks again to you guys that are already in the industry for the advice you're giving me.

Hangin out in a good ol' Alberta thunderstorm

aeea015a-d2ed-4057.jpg

Lol. I drove through Edmonton at about 1630 today. From fort Mac to Calgary. Took the thick of it in Edm. Love those storms, wicked power.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I hit it right west of Andrew, sat in redwater all night at agrium in it too

Just so ya'll know.....the rockwood replacement switches for the 06+ peterbilts.....are sofuking expensive......160 dollars worth of switches

Just so ya'll know.....the rockwood replacement switches for the 06+ peterbilts.....are sofuking expensive......160 dollars worth of switches

Well if you're gonna spend that much on them, you miight as well show them off.:redx:

Not a trucker but here is a pic of my slow restoration project. 51 Mack LJT 673 with a 5x3 and a 6.67 rear.

Attachments

• gallery_6021_1131_26288.jpg
    gallery_6021_1131_26288.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
Back