Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Late next week this will be my ride at work for about a month while I help out our store and work the bugs out of the new truck. I also need to learn how to run this thing with a remote so I can teach our drivers since this is the first boom we've owned that has a remote.

IMG_20150528_105826614_zps81y4moml.jpg

Late next week this will be my ride at work for about a month while I help out our store and work the bugs out of the new truck. I also need to learn how to run this thing with a remote so I can teach our drivers since this is the first boom we've owned that has a remote.

IMG_20150528_105826614_zps81y4moml.jpg

Ew, that looks like a drywall crane. :Throwup:

Ew, that looks like a drywall crane. :Throwup:

It is. We use them primarily for building materials with a little drywall thrown in every once in a while. This makes boom truck number 7 that we have going down the road.

It is. We use them primarily for building materials with a little drywall thrown in every once in a while. This makes boom truck number 7 that we have going down the road.
We had one in the early/mid 90's, mad a bad job slightly less bad. Didn't use it much for lumber/roofing deliveries as no one wanted to pay the added delivery cost.

We had one in the early/mid 90's, mad a bad job slightly less bad. Didn't use it much for lumber/roofing deliveries as no one wanted to pay the added delivery cost.

We've had the exact opposite reaction they all want the boom and are more than willing to pay the $30 delivery charge. I can get into, unload, and be gone from most job sites in 30-40 minutes if I'm just setting material on the ground. I'm sure it will be even less now since this truck has a remote and I don't have to haul my fat ass up and down the ladder every time I need to set stickers for the material on the forks.

I'm actually looking forward to getting behind the wheel again for a while. I also bought a Gopro camera a couple weeks ago that I'm itching to play with so there will be some video as I do this.

We've had the exact opposite reaction they all want the boom and are more than willing to pay the $30 delivery charge. I can get into, unload, and be gone from most job sites in 30-40 minutes if I'm just setting material on the ground. I'm sure it will be even less now since this truck has a remote and I don't have to haul my fat ass up and down the ladder every time I need to set stickers for the material on the forks.

I'm actually looking forward to getting behind the wheel again for a while. I also bought a Gopro camera a couple weeks ago that I'm itching to play with so there will be some video as I do this.

I used to turn wrenches on heavy equipment. Once I got a service truck that had a remote on the crane I was ruined. You can get right in where you need to be and put that thing exactly where you want it. Weird thing is now I run trains in the yard with a remote control, talk about fun!!!!!!!!

I used to turn wrenches on heavy equipment. Once I got a service truck that had a remote on the crane I was ruined. You can get right in where you need to be and put that thing exactly where you want it. Weird thing is now I run trains in the yard with a remote control, talk about fun!!!!!!!!

I bet!!

I did however tell the guys next door I better not catch or hear about them sitting in the cab while unloading the truck.LOL

Anybody have or know where I can get a Grote 55510 or 55520 light. They are discontinued and I can't find them in stock anywhere. It is a square side mount marker/ turn signal light for a cabover.

Here is a link for the light.
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/gte-55510

Think your probably SOL. Going to have to swap them both for something newer.
http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=10320&langId=-1

Anybody have or know where I can get a Grote 55510 or 55520 light. They are discontinued and I can't find them in stock anywhere. It is a square side mount marker/ turn signal light for a cabover.

Here is a link for the light.
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/gte-55510
They definitely still make those. Similar if not the same light our concrete trucks run on their front fenders. May just be a different number. Get ours through terminal supply

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Alright guys I'm needin some advice. My b model went down today. Pretty sure broken cam, got some pushrods for sure. It's about worn out anyways. I've got a acert sittin in the shop floor with a bad crank. I'm thinking about buying a c18 crank, cylinder packs, injectors etc. my question is how do they stack up with a good turbo and tuning set up compared to a c15 or 16 with a cam,injectors,turbo and tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They definitely still make those. Similar if not the same light our concrete trucks run on their front fenders. May just be a different number. Get ours through terminal supply

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I've seen the ones you're talking about, but the difference is the side lens. I need the lens to be on the opposite side of the mounting bolts. The front fender lights for conventional trucks have the lens on the wrong side. (Hope that makes sense)

Alright guys I'm needin some advice. My b model went down today. Pretty sure broken cam, got some pushrods for sure. It's about worn out anyways. I've got a acert sittin in the shop floor with a bad crank. I'm thinking about buying a c18 crank, cylinder packs, injectors etc. my question is how do they stack up with a good turbo and tuning set up compared to a c15 or 16 with a cam,injectors,turbo and tuning?

You won't get core on the ACERT crank for a C18 crank. To buy a C18 crank out right is ridiculously expensive. You could rebuild your ACERT and all the performance mods for less than the cost of the C18 crank. From what I've heard anyways.

I've seen the ones you're talking about, but the difference is the side lens. I need the lens to be on the opposite side of the mounting bolts. The front fender lights for conventional trucks have the lens on the wrong side. (Hope that makes sense)

I see what you are saying now.

These have a slightly different mounting base and would require changing one of the yellows to a red lens but something viable. That was the first thing I saw from searching but I am sure what you are after is out there.

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=24107&langId=-1

I see what you are saying now.

These have a slightly different mounting base and would require changing one of the yellows to a red lens but something viable. That was the first thing I saw from searching but I am sure what you are after is out there.

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=24107&langId=-1

I could probably make that work depending on the mounting bracket. Thanks for your help. I'm hoping to find one tucked in the back corner on a shelf somewhere. Although, I'll probably just modify a new one to fit.

If the block is good just rebuild the acert. C18 crank is about $20k without a core. You can get more power out of that acert than you can use in a working truck anyway.

I pulled the broken pushrod out of it, I can build alerts, too ?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk