Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Couldn't get stopped in time and ran it up a ditch bank to avoid rear ending a garbage truck but still caught it with the cab and sleeper. That's why the hood looks fine but the cab is demolished.

Kids name was cody Warner he's beat up pretty badly guys. He's back is broke his kidneys are trying to shut down and is cut up pretty bad. Was throw from truck a good ways. Talk to his dad billy Warner this morning and he was doing okay but really worried about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kids name was cody Warner he's beat up pretty badly guys. He's back is broke his kidneys are trying to shut down and is cut up pretty bad. Was throw from truck a good ways. Talk to his dad billy Warner this morning and he was doing okay but really worried about him.

That sucks, prayers go out to him and his family

It was one of their drivers that said he was fine. More truck driver stories.

A friend of mine got his new hoppers
430bbcaa210b49b6eefb72716e3beb0e.jpg

Well thanks to CSX furloughing tow thirds of the people at the terminal I worked at, I'm back in the saddle again. Mostly pulling a lowboy but sometimes a step deck. I know it's not a hood but it's a nice enough truck for now. I'm just glad to be working. Boss is talking about getting me a four axle W9 glider since he drove mine the other day and realized how gutless this PACCAR motor is.

image1_zpse40mwxdf.jpg

Well thanks to CSX furloughing tow thirds of the people at the terminal I worked at, I'm back in the saddle again. Mostly pulling a lowboy but sometimes a step deck. I know it's not a hood but it's a nice enough truck for now. I'm just glad to be working. Boss is talking about getting me a four axle W9 glider since he drove mine the other day and realized how gutless this PACCAR motor is.

image1_zpse40mwxdf.jpg

That Paccar can be fixed. 500+ reliable hp to the ground.

Yes, DAF and Detroit/MB engines really need software changes to wake alive. Dont know how they measure hp at the factory ?

You would be the guy to ask. The new 11L Paccar they're offering now. Is that a totally new engine or is that something that's been offered over there for a while and just new here.

Personally I think they're going the wrong way. The 12L ISX isn't a big seller in the class 8 trucks so I can't imagine there is a huge demand for a slightly smaller version of the Paccar. Especially how underpowered the MX13 is from the factory. Missing the 15L market which most trucks even the fleets are buying.

I think it's like the Cat C10, exact same as C12 except for crank and cyl bore. So your gaining no weight savings. Seems pointless.

That Paccar can be fixed. 500+ reliable hp to the ground.

I'm sure it could be. This was a wrecked truck with an automatic (I HATE) they thought they could get on the cheap and rebuild, but it's been having too many issues. Transmission doesn't want to shift right and sometimes won't kick into neutral when you're trying to stop. It'll go to hopping like hell because it's still trying to pull and I have to put the shifter into neutral to keep from dropping the driveline in the road. It has several other things here and there like a HORRIBLE vibration in the front end even after they replaced parts and put on 10 new tires and wheels. I'm thinking that's why he's looking at getting me a different truck, that and the fact I'll be able to gross more with a four axle tractor.

Dig the flat top w900 with short stacks, wheelbase is just right...nice

Whats inside?

What did that 53 weigh?40,000?

Truck has a Cmodel Cat and a 10 speed.
Cat page says it weighs 44 and some change but I wasn't ever sure if that was with a ripper or without. I didn't weigh it.

34,000 with no ripper is its weight according to Ritchie specs

They've always been pretty close. That trailer has an awful sag for that weight in my opinion. How old is it? 30 ton?

Last edited: