Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Let's back up to ***yesterday***

I'm sure that thing had the widest power band out of all the trucks there too.

Or was there a other turbo on it?

You want to see the pile of VGT's we have laying in the parts room? Let me rephrase, you want to see the pile of failed VGT's we have laying in the parts room? Guess how many were on stock HP trucks and didn't survive.

Get yours bolted up and electronics made then come out here and show us all how it's done. Your the US version of Leiffi, all hat no cattle.

You want to see the pile of VGT's we have laying in the parts room? Let me rephrase, you want to see the pile of failed VGT's we have laying in the parts room? Guess how many were on stock HP trucks and didn't survive.

Get yours bolted up and electronics made then come out here and show us all how it's done. Your the US version of Leiffi, all hat no cattle.

One made it and did it....the rest can't be junk...

Chris

You're the one that made a sweeping generalization. That's not my fault. Now you counter by changing the goalposts. Also that's not the only way to make a single work with a wide power band.

Let's back up to ***yesterday***

I'm sure that thing had the widest power band out of all the trucks there too.

Or was there a other turbo on it?

No one would know as they aren't pulled down low enough to even test the bottom end.

Yep, works it hauling coils between KY and Michigan. Yea there is no way your working 800+ hp with a single turbo unless your hauling toilet paper downhill and don't mind a 300rpm useable power band.

I'm just going to have to build a set on my dads truck. Then let him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get back on track, its a picture thread after all
The 2 day workers back from the 800 mile dyno journey

Attachments

• 20170514_164948_HDR.jpg
    20170514_164948_HDR.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did I miss what the C18 made, or did he not take it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Again, wtf are you talking about? You spew this cryptic b.s. like you know something that nobody else does. Fyi, you don't.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing cryptic? Just go back and see what I was responding to.

What was your setup an power numbers?

Nada?

I'd love to go to Antrim dyno days next year but it's a pretty long journey.

I do plan on doing something quite a bit different than what's been done. Not huge power though.

Last edited:
Nada?

I'd love to go to Antrim dyno days next year but it's a pretty long journey.

What's the engine setup? Stock ecm? Turbo? Is a 171701 I think I know that much. Manifold?

Could do a dyno in the peg to know what power your putting down?

Last edited:
What's the engine setup? Stock ecm? Turbo? Is a 171701 I think I know that much. Manifold?

Could do a dyno in the peg to know what power your putting down?

12.7 bk60
8309 cam/7650 injectors (stock later 500 hp)
171701 Borg Warner
K+N air filter
Duralite CAC
Fulltilt manifold
Weed burner exhaust with a walker megaflow
Newest addition is one hell of a rad. Fan hasn't come on once for engine/intake air temp.

Nothing special at all in the current setup. Leon Smith had it tuned for when I had the 171702, I've tweaked it a bit for the smaller turbo and took out the smoke. I hate smoke.

Been thinking about just doing a quick dyno to get some baseline data. No point in tuning it much more, I don't think there's much to gain and things are going to change anyways. It gets mid to low 7's with full loads.

12.7 bk60

171701 Borg Warner

K+N air filter

Duralite CAC

Fulltilt manifold

Newest addition is one hell of a rad. Fan hasn't come on once for engine/intake air temp.

Nothing special at all in the current setup. Leon Smith had it tuned for when I had the 171702, I've tweaked it a bit for the smaller turbo and took out the smoke. I hate smoke.

Been thinking about just doing a quick dyno to get some baseline data. No point in tuning it much more, I don't think there's much to gain and things are going to change anyways. It gets mid to low 7's with full loads.

Your version of full loads anyhow...

12.7 bk60

171701 Borg Warner

K+N air filter

Duralite CAC

Fulltilt manifold

What's a full load? I'd be itnterested to know what the truck puts to the wheels.

My binder has a tune from some guy by Toronto. It's set at 625hp not sure what it actually can do for power but it was averaging 6.8-7 pulling loaded super b last winter. It has the 02 turbo but everything else stock. Truck will only puff smoke when you shift.

Must have had a lot of fuel to smoke on acceleration.