Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Maximum Overdrive!
8e990308c67ddbc35aec240c32e1b2d6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maximum Overdrive!

It isn't the comet. It's a broom. Imagine you're a race of aliens, right? And, you're looking for a new place to live. Say you're looking for a planet like you and I looking for a new place to live. A new house. So here's Earth. Only it's like this big old house. And, it's kind of polluted, dirty, and smoky. Grease on the walls, soot in the chimney. So, they send in their interstellar housecleaners. Send in their broom. Sweep us all up. That's what this it is, it's a broom. Using our own machines to sweep us right off.

This is like Ridley Scott describing serve pro.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Rick how do you do it? You work at a diesel shop some days. Then others your hauling that grain cart. I must say you got life figured out.

Rick how do you do it? You work at a diesel shop some days. Then others your hauling that grain cart. I must say you got life figured out.

Not really.
I work Monday through Friday at the shop. While it's what I need to do and I feel like I'm good at my job, what I truly want is back in this truck. Giving this up the last time was the hardest thing I've ever done. Literally...
I get to run it some on the weekends but not very often. Life in a truck is not what most would call "figured out". It's hard on family and relationships. Good, older friend of mine once told me straight forward, get your arse out of a truck, good way to end up divorced, single, and miserable.
Until November of last year, id spent my entire married life in a truck. For me, it's what I want, but for "us", it's not.
In that truck, its long nights, long days, little to no sleep, and constant worry of the law. The small moments when a trucks clean and your legal for a small time, it's a rush of awesome. The others, it's a worrisome battle between hatred and desire not to quit.
I work hard and for me and my wife in our mid to late 20's, we've done very well but it's not without sacrifices. You get that truck itch and you can't get it out.

Not really.
I work Monday through Friday at the shop. While it's what I need to do and I feel like I'm good at my job, what I truly want is back in this truck. Giving this up the last time was the hardest thing I've ever done. Literally...
I get to run it some on the weekends but not very often. Life in a truck is not what most would call "figured out". It's hard on family and relationships. Good, older friend of mine once told me straight forward, get your arse out of a truck, good way to end up divorced, single, and miserable.
Until November of last year, id spent my entire married life in a truck. For me, it's what I want, but for "us", it's not.
In that truck, its long nights, long days, little to no sleep, and constant worry of the law. The small moments when a trucks clean and your legal for a small time, it's a rush of awesome. The others, it's a worrisome battle between hatred and desire not to quit.
I work hard and for me and my wife in our mid to late 20's, we've done very well but it's not without sacrifices. You get that truck itch and you can't get it out.
That's about the best explanation of trucking I've ever read.

You can always get a job with a reasonably clean driving record and a cdl but it's not a great life. It will pay the bills, though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not a Peterbilt fan but this truck definitely well put together and a very good looking truck. There must be a good Monday -Friday driver in it to keep it that clean. They're few and far between.

Not a Peterbilt fan but this truck definitely well put together and a very good looking truck. There must be a good Monday -Friday driver in it to keep it that clean. They're few and far between.

No driver in it. He won't put anyone else in it. It sits and I run it on the weekends some or he runs it if he has too.
It just got back from getting the interior redone, the 6" stacks put on in place of the 8's, new front bumper, flip kit, filler panel between the tanks, etc.
I'm actually running a load in it Saturday.

No driver in it. He won't put anyone else in it. It sits and I run it on the weekends some or he runs it if he has too.
It just got back from getting the interior redone, the 6" stacks put on in place of the 8's, new front bumper, flip kit, filler panel between the tanks, etc.

Socks only in that thing? I'd be so afraid of scratching the floor!

Socks only in that thing? I'd be so afraid of scratching the floor!

The painted floor just went in. Had wood in it previously. I always kept towels in the floor, and I only wear socks or a slipper of some sort. When he went to these new pedals I had to start wearing slipper things cause those pedals poked the bottoms of my feet lol.

Where did the 8's go out stacks are 16 years old and are starting to show it

Did you have an upholster local to you do the interior?

Not really.

Spent more time gone in the Navy than I do trucking

Not really.
Truer words were never spoken. I'm about ready to hang my keys up as well, it would be one thing if it payed well enough to justify the long hours and time away from home, but at least where I am it doesn't. When I was single and livin in an apartment, it didn't bother me, but now with a house, a wife and baby number 1 on the way, home time is more important. Not to mention I can start at the power company workin 4-10s make the same as truckin 70 hours a week

Truer words were never spoken. I'm about ready to hang my keys up as well, it would be one thing if it payed well enough to justify the long hours and time away from home, but at least where I am it doesn't. When I was single and livin in an apartment, it didn't bother me, but now with a house, a wife and baby number 1 on the way, home time is more important. Not to mention I can start at the power company workin 4-10s make the same as truckin 70 hours a week

There's just something about loading up and going down the road. Sound of the pipes...jakes.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro