Truckers, lets see your rigs!

well there's part of your problem LOL. quit letting it pull clear down to 1200, every cat powered truck i ever drove liked to be kept between 1400 and 1600

If the mother phucker keeps pulling, I’m gonna let it pull. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I could see going soft getting up to speed, but on a hill let it eat. Peak power is peak efficiency for fuel burned vs hp, if you're constantly under the curve it's going to lose efficiency. This is a 2ws with hill Billy "tuning" and I beat the other truck doing the same work by .4-.5 and I'm 8k heavier, 96k vs 88k. His is a stock 455 5ek I think. The only time I ran long distance it got 6.8 at 70k with a stwpdeck and running 70-75 across the country.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The problem is the other side of the equation, you can easily be wasting the excess hp.

Don't forget that rated power and peak power are two different things. I am sure Kyle knows this but just something to add to the conversation.

Definitely don't consistently run the Acerts down at 1200 and below. Great way to keep cylinder pressures extremely high and harm the head gasket.

BMEP is a calculated value, though. It is a good measure of theoretical efficiency/performance but at the end of the day it still uses constants and assumptions based on displacement which makes it a so so measure of performance IMO.

Don't forget that rated power and peak power are two different things. I am sure Kyle knows this but just something to add to the conversation.

Definitely don't consistently run the Acerts down at 1200 and below. Great way to keep cylinder pressures extremely high and harm the head gasket.

I don’t think you’re talking to me, however just to clarify mines not an acert.

I don’t think you’re talking to me, however just to clarify mines not an acert.

You aren't driving the KCB around?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

No sir I’m back in the red truck with a 6nz.
He put another guy in that truck, put me in his truck, and tuned the c-13’s with a 500hp euro tune.

BMEP is a calculated value, though. It is a good measure of theoretical efficiency/performance but at the end of the day it still uses constants and assumptions based on displacement which makes it a so so measure of performance IMO.

Bsfc is the only way to go for mpg.

not to get off topic here......but i haven't been behind the wheel of a truck in like 3+ months......and i'm having severe withdrawals.....

not to get off topic here......but i haven't been behind the wheel of a truck in like 3+ months......and i'm having severe withdrawals.....

All you gotta do is come back.

That 12-1300 rpm stuff may be fine dead stock, personally I h8 seeing that. I think your much better off higher rpm with less throttle, like pullin back a gear or 2. Foot buried in it that low is hard on head gaskets and bearings. $.02
Or you can just put a bunch of power to it and just sail almond and not drop rpm. Lol

That 12-1300 rpm stuff may be fine dead stock, personally I h8 seeing that. I think your much better off higher rpm with less throttle, like pullin back a gear or 2. Foot buried in it that low is hard on head gaskets and bearings. $.02

Or you can just put a bunch of power to it and just sail almond and not drop rpm. Lol

Believe me, if it was mine, we wouldn’t be having this convo.

go mow the dam lawn ya wanna drive so bad..or come do my 50 acresbif

This one feels happiest pulling at 17-1800, it lays over pretty fast below 1500 and I think it'd rattle the liners out the bottom at 1200. I don't understand lugging them around all the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk