Truckers, lets see your rigs!

And that just happened. Burn cream is back by the pharmacy.

In other news, I’m completely unhappy... 859 degrees up Jellico is just unreasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe advance the timing a bit?

Actually as bad as this sounds the aftermarket ones are less problematic. Had a friend in San Diego and guys install those on older trucks and the good part is they don’t derate the engine if there is a problem and most don’t regenerate. One company has DDEC4’s, N14 and older Cats with them and there are just lights on the dash, green-yellow-red. When it’s red the pressure is high so you drop the can and have it cleaned.
There were federal grants for installing passive filters and catalysts. We had to install hundreds on school busses because the school systems were soaking up that grant money

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Excuse my big rig ignorance here, but those numbers just don't sound like they should be problematic too me. Now my only basses of comparison is a VP truck, but 1200° doesn't worry me at all, and I've pushed up near 50psi quite offer as well. These cats that sensitive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If a semi is talking Pyro, it's post turbo, after the turbine had dropped the temperature of the exhaust gas stream.

Aaaaaaand now I'm caught up and it's been answered 5 times.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes. Playing with the foot feed, keeping it ~32lbs.

Im not a turbo guru. I wonder if you can adjust the wastegate to open at 32-34psi. I think stock is 22 or 26? Im probly wrong though

Im not a turbo guru. I wonder if you can adjust the wastegate to open at 32-34psi. I think stock is 22 or 26? Im probly wrong though

I think the actuator is phucked.

Put the crack pipe down!

Hahaha! I'm just bored, kinda anyway. Have a ton of stuff to do, just enough interruptions to keep it from getting done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Keep your foot planted, when it pops get tbe correct turbo

f071f99cbe2babc8194a329c49dfb42d.jpg

Last edited:
I still cant figure out why he has soo many problems with that infamous 6nz. Theyre supposed to be the best ever right?

I still cant figure out why he has soo many problems with that infamous 6nz. Theyre supposed to be the best ever right?

I’ve got a burnt one I need to check serial number on. If it’s 99 or below it’s getting an Acert rotating assembly. Paint it up and put it for sale, give these Kool-Air drinkers a chub Rosie O’Donnell can’t get rid of.

Back