Truckers, lets see your rigs!

So either the turbo outlet is hot as hell or the CAC isn't doing its job. There's a chance that the turbo is way out of the map too, but I don't hear any boost leaks. Can't think of anything else that would cause it to be out of the map. It's Duralite CAC. Air filter is new.

One thing is I have to fix up the rubber gaskets that prevent airflow around the rad pack. Maybe I should just change to a better system.

Matchbot suggests outlet temps of around 400f-420f depending on rpm for those conditions. I should put in a probe to confirm. But more boost, more heat or more altitude puts me out of the map.

I don't know exhaust manifold presure or temp., but I do know I can't really push things any more. EGTs can hit 1000 in the heat at altitude post turbo.

Maybe I should put a 171702 on for the summer :p

N14 dumped Borg Warner factory replacement for the HT60 73mm to a 75mm 171702 and EGT went from 1100 on a hard pull to 850 post turbo, changing nothing else. Keep living those tiny turbo dreams.
a91f3c4dcae7621a259373aeff44a70a.jpg

It is a common problem with W900s to run high on the intake temps, and guys that have switched to the duralite have not shown any gains in dropping temp.

I can almost bet you are well over 400 at the turbo outlet.

I think these companies need to work on the end tank design as I dont believe that they are getting the air directed to all passages of the core.

My truck came with an aftermarket replacement for the OEM bar/plate CAC and when I switched to the duralite my temps dropped like a rock.

My intake air temp sensor reads quite a bit higher than the sensor in the tank of the CAC. I’m guessing heat soak from the head and valve overlap.

It is a common problem with W900s to run high on the intake temps, and guys that have switched to the duralite have not shown any gains in dropping temp.

I can almost bet you are well over 400 at the turbo outlet.

I think these companies need to work on the end tank design as I dont believe that they are getting the air directed to all passages of the core.

My truck came with an aftermarket replacement for the OEM bar/plate CAC and when I switched to the duralite my temps dropped like a rock.

My intake air temp sensor reads quite a bit higher than the sensor in the tank of the CAC. I’m guessing heat soak from the head and valve overlap.

I find it interesting on the whole CAC debate. My dad has put two on his truck since he has owned it. The first shop swore by a Truck Tuff. When he had the engine rebuilt this guy swore by Duralite CACs and said the Truck Tuffs were junk. No way to really compare them as the Duralite was put on after a fresh overhaul and new BW turbo.

I find it interesting on the whole CAC debate. My dad has put two on his truck since he has owned it. The first shop swore by a Truck Tuff. When he had the engine rebuilt this guy swore by Duralite CACs and said the Truck Tuffs were junk. No way to really compare them as the Duralite was put on after a fresh overhaul and new BW turbo.

Well I swapped mine without changing anything else and it definitely made a difference.

N14 dumped Borg Warner factory replacement for the HT60 73mm to a 75mm 171702 and EGT went from 1100 on a hard pull to 850 post turbo, changing nothing else. Keep living those tiny turbo dreams.

Assuming thats not stock?

I didn’t remember that you ended up changing the cooler out.

My EGTs dont run any cooler with a 171702

I can’t leave anything stock

What hp isthat 171702 good for? Been lookin for a replacement for a cm 870 that currently has the hx60. Its right at 700 rwhp. I imagine with a better turbo it would free up some ponies too

What hp isthat 171702 good for? Been lookin for a replacement for a cm 870 that currently has the hx60. Its right at 700 rwhp. I imagine with a better turbo it would free up some ponies too

I'm willing to bet the experts here would recommend one of the s410sx turbos. I'm also really curious what the recommended turbine housing size would be.

I'm willing to bet the experts here would recommend one of the s410sx turbos. I'm also really curious what the recommended turbine housing size would be.

1.32 unless he’s wanting more power then maybe 1.45/1.58 but it will be laggy without fuel. The S410sx is the same 1496-988-0000 but just has the “race cover”.

1.32 unless he’s wanting more power then maybe 1.45/1.58 but it will be laggy without fuel. The S410sx is the same 1496-988-0000 but just has the “race cover”.

Power level is fine. Manifold is just had better days so i figured may as well upgrade to a t6 manifold and a better turbo

Power level is fine. Manifold is just had better days so i figured may as well upgrade to a t6 manifold and a better turbo

We can get manifolds and turbochargers for him if you don't have a source currently.

Part of me wants to know what my air temps are, other hand says nope don't I dare look it's already stupid with a small turbo lol