Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I thought the Canadian guys had some sort of unlimited ecm?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea but it’s Canadian so the exchange rate makes it 3400. The Bosch ecm most are using is limited to 8000. Cat is 3400 but there isn’t any power up there but wheel speed helps.

Yea but it’s Canadian so the exchange rate makes it 3400. The Bosch ecm most are using is limited to 8000. Cat is 3400 but there isn’t any power up there but wheel speed helps.
8? Wow. I'd really like to see one of those trucks in a dyno.

Lol the ECM will do 8, the engine not so much. Unless it’s European then it will spin to at least 12k.
Yeah, I was figuring 4ish would be tops without new windows in the block.

Seems like it'd be easier to just go mechanical fueling for sled pulling if you need more. Guys are making stupid power with the factory cat stuff so I guess I dont understand the drive to CR.

I honestly can't believe Cyclone hasn't built an overhead cam motor with their mechanical cat pump. Especially with all of the blocks they have blown in half with the thin cam bores. Seems to me it would be quite an engine.

I don’t believe they allow it in NTPA yet. It’s secret voo doo magic to the old men that run that. Electricity scares them.

Ha ha thats what it seems like doesn't it. Until that electric motor starts winning!

At that level of competition I don't see why an alternate fuel system isn't allowed.

But what if they blow a line and it becomes a 36,000psi uncontrollable flame thrower..........or dies instantly.

I would be more worried about the electonic cats hanging at high rpm for whatever reason, that seems far more common.

Their care probably went out the door when they added that lower level diesel pickup class where the common rails were pretty regular.

I honestly can't believe Cyclone hasn't built an overhead cam motor with their mechanical cat pump. Especially with all of the blocks they have blown in half with the thin cam bores. Seems to me it would be quite an engine.

Ha ha thats what it seems like doesn't it. Until that electric motor starts winning!

At that level of competition I don't see why an alternate fuel system isn't allowed.

Easier to build deckplate engines so they can finally make use of the C18 crank at high rpm by running a longer rod.

Easier to build deckplate engines so they can finally make use of the C18 crank at high rpm by running a longer rod.

Deck plate a C15 or a 3406 block? How does the deck plate help with the cam bore issue?

I'd really be that difficult to remove the injector rocker and run injector lines through the valve cover? I guess a pump gear and such would be difficult, but hes done it with the Ks. I don't know seems to me to be a good setup. But then again, I think its obvious that electric is the way of the future. So maybe the R&D isn't worth it.

I honestly can't believe Cyclone hasn't built an overhead cam motor with their mechanical cat pump. Especially with all of the blocks they have blown in half with the thin cam bores. Seems to me it would be quite an engine..

I've been saying that about the popular inline motors for a long time.

I would really like to see someone tune the VVA system to aid performance also.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Deck plate a C15 or a 3406 block? How does the deck plate help with the cam bore issue?

I'd really be that difficult to remove the injector rocker and run injector lines through the valve cover? I guess a pump gear and such would be difficult, but hes done it with the Ks. I don't know seems to me to be a good setup. But then again, I think its obvious that electric is the way of the future. So maybe the R&D isn't worth it.

Because they also use a girdle and tie them together.

Leiffi’s engine doesn’t need all this crap.
d419672019736e2a2aef641e3f686160.jpg

I don’t think it was deck-plated but a mechanical C16 has been done. That was quite a few years ago.
206a26c9261ad6fe918f9bd51b901fe4.jpg

Because they also use a girdle and tie them together.

Leiffi’s engine doesn’t need all this crap.
d419672019736e2a2aef641e3f686160.jpg

Even doing so isn't this just preventing them from blowing in two? Wong they still crack?

Or are we talking an overhead cam engine block? That hasn't been answered, but with the square port head in this picture, I'm guessing we're talking about deck plating and girdling a mechanical engine block.

Back