Truckers, lets see your rigs!

You can bet your arse I’m gonna get screwed with on this, but I’m also for sure not touching it.
98a0af1bc9ff4bf440d2b32033e922b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just cruise right on past the scales. I rarely ever go in when their open and I've never been chased down.

Get me the serial number and I will check hard parts, we have an early 435 5EK that has 2 piece pistons in a factory build.

They respond well to the 5DS 600 file, 550 5EK file was written for larger injectors. 475-550 6TS is the same way.

It will never run like a 70pin due to the ecm limitations but can make more power than most can work. Friend has one with 58’s, cam and we had to cut some power because it would heat up with his 78mm borg. He put Acert turbos on it last year and helped a ton.

5EK22264

Too bad I have no idea what pistons are in the thing. I reckon we'll find our sometime, because I know we'll tune it up big. I reckon if we keep an eye on EGT we can make it live a decent life, maybe a set of ACERT chargers will help too.

Chris

You can bet your arse I’m gonna get screwed with on this, but I’m also for sure not touching it.
98a0af1bc9ff4bf440d2b32033e922b8.jpg

Slide your seat forward fatty. Cant believe you only have 10k on your steers, I’m at 12,200 with 32k on drives. Didn’t realize those black boat anchors were that light. Lol

Just cruise right on past the scales. I rarely ever go in when their open and I've never been chased down.

Same here my “Free Pass” always has a green light.

5EK22264

Too bad I have no idea what pistons are in the thing. I reckon we'll find our sometime, because I know we'll tune it up big. I reckon if we keep an eye on EGT we can make it live a decent life, maybe a set of ACERT chargers will help too.

Chris

If they put the same part number back in, it should have steel top pistons in it.

Came as a 435hp.

They used a CTP kit, not CAT parts, so who knows.

I thought it was 435hp when it was new. All 1800RPM of it if I remember right.

Either way, it's coming home so we can start the process of making it look like it's 1995 again. Hopefully we can make it run like it's 2015 though.

Chris

Anyone tried those big P&Bs for 3406 B from Niama Reisser ? Was there also some other company offering them, a little bit smaller ?

They used a CTP kit, not CAT parts, so who knows.

I thought it was 435hp when it was new. All 1800RPM of it if I remember right.

Either way, it's coming home so we can start the process of making it look like it's 1995 again. Hopefully we can make it run like it's 2015 though.

Chris

I’ll donate a set of those sweet European cab curtains with the tassels if you don’t mind them saying “Volvo” or “DAF”

Anyone tried those big P&Bs for 3406 B from Niama Reisser ? Was there also some other company offering them, a little bit smaller ?

Friend has a set from Columbus Diesel which I assume NR made since they’re across town from each other. Never installed them though as that project got moved back in line. CDS said you have to have at least 30% over nozzles to run them.

I’ll donate a set of those sweet European cab curtains with the tassels if you don’t mind them saying “Volvo” or “DAF”

I'm good. Still have the factory curtain in it. Appreciate it though.

Now if we had found our 84 Eagle cabover, maybe.

Chris

Friend has a set from Columbus Diesel which I assume NR made since they’re across town from each other. Never installed them though as that project got moved back in line. CDS said you have to have at least 30% over nozzles to run them.

Curious to know how they would run in a motor still running Cat nozzles.

I'm running 100% Over nozzles in my tuck. No heat issues what so ever. Only ever see around 700 deg. Would love a set of these b&p with my nozzles.

Slide your seat forward fatty. Cant believe you only have 10k on your steers, I’m at 12,200 with 32k on drives. Didn’t realize those black boat anchors were that light. Lol

Same here my “Free Pass” always has a green light.

Fifth wheel is pretty far back, but I’m still not moving it. ?

Why would Bosch nozzles kill a b pump?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't ever get enough fuel to them with a factory B pump. And if you could I don't think the spray patters match. Bosch nozzles would also require a different fuel return. The Bosch nozzles return from the injector body, Cat returns through the pump.

I was told the factory Cat nozzles could be extrude honed larger than 100% over stock, but the factory pump wont keep up with anything larger than that.

Why would Bosch nozzles kill a b pump?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
maybe not if opening pressure is dropped low enough. But I dont know how they could work because Cat pump doesnt have delivery valves and Bosch nozzles need fuel return.

Back