Truckers, lets see your rigs!

There's a stretch of i-10 in tx that's 80 too

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

All depends on what transfer pump you have, on mine I just took the 5/8 hex head plug out that holds the spring in. Cut a little stainless bolt( cant remember exact size of bolt I used) about 3/16in long and put it back it between the 5/8 hex plug and the spring. You check pressure when your done. They say to not go over 120psi at 2100 rpm(idle up to check it). Mine was 110psi at 1800rpm so I called it good.

If yours has an allen head then you can get the updated spring from Cat that will bump it between 100-110psi.
Yea if you go above 120 it will push fuel past the injector O-rings

I'm trying to talk my boss into PDI tunes but he's not going for it yet, we've got a bully dog tuner that seems to work well though

Did some major cleaning this weekend. Got most of the under carriage washed, prolly 100 pounds lighter.

null_zps9fbec5d4.jpg

null_zpsa00d2407.jpg

null_zpsa5dae7a8.jpg

null_zps0b9c5f2f.jpg

Not much else to tell. Started its life off as C15 475hp acert with an 18speed. That wasn't cutting it so not knowing much I took it to Cat and had them uprate to 550hp. Did bump the boost up to 50+psi but still felt pretty gutless. Started my scouring of the internet looking for next mod to do. After hours & hours of reading I shimmed the Fuel transfer pump and did the fuel temp sensor mod. That made good bit of difference. I really got hooked and finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a PDI stage one tune. I actually wanted to do the stage 2 but they asked me to just try the stage 1 and if I wanted more then come back. Needless to say I haven't felt the need to go back for more. It turned it into a completely different truck. I made a run up thru Tennessee and Kentucky up-to Ohio pulling similar trailer to the one in the pic, grossing 75k and never dropped below 70mph on the hills :)

Next on the list is an Airdog200 and maybe injector & turbo upgrade. Still researching looking for best route to go..

What does the stage one consist of and what's the difference between it and stage two?

What does the stage one consist of and what's the difference between it and stage two?
Stage 1 is 630-680hp to the ground (depending on which you pick) and stage 2 is closer to 800hp. Although the high stage 1 is about as high as you can get without babysitting gauges.

There is nothing in this area. The closest shop that knows anything about a diesel is over 2 hours away, and even that is a 4 wheel parts.

They didn't say, just said try the stage one first and if I wasn't satisfied I could comeback. They were right, so far stage one is all I need lol. It pulls great!!! Down the road if I ever upgrade the turbos I may go with the stage two but right now I'm completely happy with the power I'm at :)

Stick with the stage 1, there isn't a good turbo for that upgraded tune. If you do ever decide to upgrade turbos, don't go thru PDI, the part numbers are out there to put it together yourself for a lot less money.