Ts drag rules/requirements ??

xcablb7

I'm trying to get everything in order, my truck went 7.5 @ 95 in the 1/8th with stock injectors and still working out the tuning. I just got the 80% overs in it and will be dynoing and tuning it next week, i figure its probably gonna go 11.0 so that would require me to have a cage correct ?? is it gonna be a big deal if i just detune it and run 12.0 index ?

Faster Than 10.30 requires a cage/Bar.
Come on Phil...first the golf lingo...now safety req.? :doh::hehe:

11.49-10.00 = Rollbar

9.99 and under = Cage

You need driveshaft loops, helmet, and oem seatbelts to run the 12.0 class

Last edited:
Thanks dockboy what's the spec on the loops ? Rear shaft only ? Or both ?

Come on Phil...first the golf lingo...now safety req.? :doh::hehe:

11.49-10.00 = Rollbar

9.99 and under = Cage

You need driveshaft loops, helmet, and oem seatbelts to run the 12.0 class

:eek:wned: :nail:

I don't know what I was thinking..Greg is correct.

Thanks dockboy what's the spec on the loops ? Rear shaft only ? Or both ?

Steel loop within 6" of the front u-joint of any drive shaft. If you have a 2 piece rear drive shaft (w/ carrier bearing) you will need 2 loops.

Most 4wd trucks will require 3 loops. 1 for the front drive shaft, 2 for the rear.

We have too many teeth for u-joint sheilds :poke:

In other words...No

I have a 1 piece rear shaft so ill just have to fab up 2 thanks again

Nhra rules I found said vehicles utilizing street tires running 11.49 and slower aren't required to have driveshaft loops ?

not required but they arent hard to do. id rather spend the 100 bucks on materials instead of catapulting at half track if a driveshaft drops!

With street tires, I wouldn't worry about drive shaft loops. If you lose a u-joint, most likely it will occur when you launch with no vehicle speed so little chance of catapulting your truck.

If your drive train has a lot of miles 200K+, I would definitely replace the joints or install shaft loops. A loose shaft flopping around can tear up a lot of things on the underside of the truck, maybe even penetrate the floor board and cause injury to the driver.

It only has 45,000 miles on it and this is the 4th driveshaft lol, pulling used to throw it a beating lol