TS Outlaw Gumbo List (Friday Night)

Do you like Gumbo

• Total voters
Timbeaux38 said:
Oh yeah.. I'm just hoarding the yellowfin for my own selfish reasons. LOL
Oh i understand completely. i fished the oil rigs last year. incredible!

Timbeaux38 said:
Billy, I scored a few bags of Amberjack caught this week off of Venice.
You suck Timmah! :kick: Living less than 1100 miles from the gulf. :bang

brandon.

Timbeaux38 said:
Oh yeah.. I'm just hoarding the yellowfin for my own selfish reasons. LOL

Yeah, I've never had it before but when I worked offshore and we'd see 'em swimming around the rig, they used to say how awesome they are.

dude, Yellowfin steaks are gifts from God. Cooked rare over an open flame, they are damn hard to beat

Timbeaux38 said:
dude, Yellowfin steaks are gifts from God. Cooked rare over an open flame, they are damn hard to beat

Timmy, you're more sophisticated than I ever gave you credit.

I assume you eat your yellowfin with ketchup?LOL

No sir...........soy sauce and wasabi

Last edited:
Yep, Soy and Wasabi. Don't throw it on the grill, throw it on a cutting board and enjoy it as it was designed....raw.

You guys are making me hungry! The wifes chicken is looking pretty bland after reading all this.

not to mention that a 70 lb. yellowfin will work you like you would not believe.
caught one at 173 lb. down there. those rigs at night are nuts tuna breaking everywhere. cant complain where i live now 1.3 miles from the atlantic

4 of us plan on leaving MI Thursday afternoon and arriving about 9 hours later :ft:

My wife and I are both in, what time is this feast?

Last edited:
Darkish I guess, but we will have happy hour going well in advance

SINNER said:
not to mention that a 70 lb. yellowfin will work you like you would not believe.
caught one at 173 lb. down there. those rigs at night are nuts tuna breaking everywhere. cant complain where i live now 1.3 miles from the atlantic
I am actually offshore right now in the 800 block of Mississippi Canyon on a Drill Ship for Shell Oil Company. We are drilling the Deimos Project. My buddy caught about a 80lb yellow fin yesterday. They had one swimming around had to be 7' long. It was huge. Count me in for the gumbo only if there is Nutra and Mullet in it. And by Mullet I don't mean any of the moderators hair doo's.:rockwoot:

Well...I'm not scared to throw one or two in the pot, but some of our other diners might not care for it to much LOL

Eatin' time will be around dark, or maybe a little sooner, just have to play that by ear.

Fx4ord said:
I am actually offshore right now in the 800 block of Mississippi Canyon on a Drill Ship for Shell Oil Company. We are drilling the Deimos Project. My buddy caught about a 80lb yellow fin yesterday. They had one swimming around had to be 7' long. It was huge. Count me in for the gumbo only if there is Nutra and Mullet in it. And by Mullet I don't mean any of the moderators hair doo's.:rockwoot:
lucky sob take some pics

Billysgoat said:
Well...I'm not scared to throw one or two in the pot, but some of our other diners might not care for it to much LOL

Eatin' time will be around dark, or maybe a little sooner, just have to play that by ear.

i think i am going to call bs. someone told me not to eat your gumbo.j/k
you keep talking and my mouth keeps watering. the surgeon general says it is dangerous to your health to have watering mouth.

dj.

DJ, I just had an idea...how hard would it be for you to lay hands on about a 6ft gator?? Deep fried gator tail would be kick azz to go along with the gumbo :rockwoot: