TST vs. Edge vs. Redline vs. smarty

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
As of right now i have the juice with attitude and a smarty. The smarty is plenty of power for daily driving. But i want to go all the way and try to get atleast 550 maybe 600hp. What electronics will it take?????

TST Comp, Drag comp or Redline out of the three you mentioned. Though, there is some beta testing going on with a Quadzilla box that might, we'll just have to wait and see...

jktcummins said:
As of right now i have the juice with attitude and a smarty. The smarty is plenty of power for daily driving. But i want to go all the way and try to get atleast 550 maybe 600hp. What electronics will it take?????

You have everthing you need. Upgrade to a hot juice and don't run the smarty for max hp. The hot juice and drag comp do the same thing.

At houston i only dynoed 459hp. With the edge hot and the smarty off.

I think my main problem was my map sensor was shot. I just want to try a different box. I have not be 100% happy with the last two edge's i have tried. Drag comp and juice with attitude.

You have the tyler syndrome. A 500+hp combo yet unable to break 500hp. Best I've done is 496hp corrected with a KSB-1, TST, Smarty, and bd 155's. Ever since I've gone down to where I'm at now. I'm hoping that since the new injection pump I'm there but I'm not sure. Haven't been on a dyno since.

Well last year at houston I had ats manifold, same turbo, jammer 4's, edge juice and made 425hp. This year with all the new mods i thought for sure i was all over 500hp. But on the dyno the power curve was not smooth at the top hp level hp would jump up and down. You could feel this when driving also. But had no codes. I replace all sensors and the last one the map it stopped.

I just wonder if i should keep the edge or try a tst or redline out???? Thats my dilima.

I just got off the phone with Blue chips and they straight up told me to not spend the money on a redline box unless i had a standard.

Also i noticed that TST has a competition version and then a hot program. Whats the difference???????????

I may be wrong, but I think the Comp upgrade is for the PM3(2nd GEN) and the Hot is for the R49(3rd GEN). I have the TST PM3 Comp on my truck and it pulls hard, I just need a bigger turbo and injectors. I dynoed 436 with a HX40 and 60 HP injectors. With your 64 and 10 holes you should be over 500 easy...

jktcummins said:
I just got off the phone with Blue chips and they straight up told me to not spend the money on a redline box unless i had a standard.

Also i noticed that TST has a competition version and then a hot program. Whats the difference???????????

I used to work for Blue Chip and was involved with the redline since day one. I have used and tested every update. I don't feel that standard vs automatic makes any difference. If 1/4 mile is your thing or just street driving, the redline is probably not for you but this box is great on the pulling track. This is due to the higher rpms and not the fuel. Actually, on a dyno the redline is sort of disappointing. We have been working on a fix to make the redline run better.

Well i have the smarty to run on the street. If all goes as planned and they get the classes set up right here for sled pulling then i am going to be pulling almost every weekend i hope. No one around here is running the redline. Yet almost everyone has the tst or a edge.

ben@npd said:
I used to work for Blue Chip and was involved with the redline since day one. I have used and tested every update. I don't feel that standard vs automatic makes any difference. If 1/4 mile is your thing or just street driving, the redline is probably not for you but this box is great on the pulling track. This is due to the higher rpms and not the fuel. Actually, on a dyno the redline is sort of disappointing. We have been working on a fix to make the redline run better.

Yea they told me the same thing if i wasnt going to use the redline for all out pulling then its not for me and if i did use it on the street it could only be at 20% or it would get to hot and burn the resistors off of it he actually told me there are other boxes out there that i would have more fun with on the track and the street and i wouldnt be happy with the performance of the redline at all unless it was used for pulling only, so he talked me out of it

TMONEYDIESEL said:
Yea they told me the same thing if i wasnt going to use the redline for all out pulling then its not for me and if i did use it on the street it could only be at 20% or it would get to hot and burn the resistors off of it he actually told me there are other boxes out there that i would have more fun with on the track and the street and i wouldnt be happy with the performance of the redline at all unless it was used for pulling only, so he talked me out of it
who are you guys talking to? i have a auto, Redline unlimited box and all i do is race on the street. i have never pulled a sled in my life and my redline power puck combo kills my old drag comp, or my old TST comp smarty stack. it fuels way harder and i keep hearing stuff about he quad box able to make more power than a redline which i just dont understand how when the redline will drain the rotor as it is?

inline6power said:
who are you guys talking to? i have a auto, Redline unlimited box and all i do is race on the street. i have never pulled a sled in my life and my redline power puck combo kills my old drag comp, or my old TST comp smarty stack. it fuels way harder and i keep hearing stuff about he quad box able to make more power than a redline which i just dont understand how when the redline will drain the rotor as it is?
Just wondering how old your redline is? when they are new they work much better. Power resisters burn out and sometimes do fall off the board and this makes them not fuel; as hard. I was also wondering if you have done any 1/4 mile passes comparing the redline to drag comp? I know that the redline feels like it is fueling much harder but I think you will find it doesnt make you faster.

I'm a pretty big fan of my Drag Comp and my latest addition the TST Powermax Comp. Both seem to certainly get the job done for me. TST pulls harder than the Edge does in the higher RPM.

farmboysdiesel said:
I'm a pretty big fan of my Drag Comp and my latest addition the TST Powermax Comp. Both seem to certainly get the job done for me. TST pulls harder than the Edge does in the higher RPM.
i agree with that. out of all three, they felt like they pulled the same till 3200rpms, after that the TST comp pulled harder than the edge did and the redline pulls harder than the TST does so it really all depends on how you got your truck setup. i am running 4.10s and the added rpm from the redline is super nice and its full fuel at those rpms. i mean, i really think you cant go wrong with either of the three, but for my application , i think the redline works best for me. sooon as i get some track times with the redline to compare with my TST comp or my Drag comp i will post. by the way, my redline is only 4 months old.