TST vs. Edge vs. Redline vs. smarty

From a personal perspective, I find the Edge Drag Comp the easiest to race (best manners on the street as well), the TST Comp the hardest to race, and the Redline box stacked (timing box of your choice, I prefer the Drag Comp) the best for racing above 3100 rpm. When the weather starts getting cold I have a problem with the Drag comp surging on the top end. Stacking it with the Redline takes that away. My last Wally was won with the Redline stacked with the Drag comp.

Keep in mind though I don't sled pull. Just drag race.

Paul

jktcummins said:
At houston i only dynoed 459hp. With the edge hot and the smarty off.

With the same turbo, same IP, mach 4's and just a smarty I've hit 490+ hp at spring fling/ fall brawl (tyler syndrome). I think you have all the electronics you need and need to look elsewhere.

When we talk about competition boxes power isn't really as big of in issue as the features/ manners of the box.

Well i have no clue whats going on with my truck. But i think i am just going to go ahead and order a tst and hit the dyno. Try to see what runs better and then sell the one that sucks.

Ph4tty said:
With the same turbo, same IP, mach 4's and just a smarty I've hit 490+ hp at spring fling/ fall brawl (tyler syndrome). I think you have all the electronics you need and need to look elsewhere.

When we talk about competition boxes power isn't really as big of in issue as the features/ manners of the box.
i guess every truck is different. i did 497 with mach 7s, silver bullet and no electronics. wonder why you guys have the right combo but the numbers arent there?

I'm not sure. But I'm hoping that once I put twins and nitrous on this ***** that I'll break 500hp. If not I'm burning it.

i pulled 555 on a single SP66 and 623 with the twins.....with the set-up in my Sig.

Maybe it was the dyno, what type did you use? I dynoed 375 on a Mustang than did 436 with the same setup on Floor-its mobile dyno...

My Truck made 624HP on fuel only (761 W/N20) with what's in my sig. Heading for the dyno this Saturday with a borrowed TST Comp....I'll post the numbers Sunday.

The TST Comp slowed the truck in the 1/4 by 3/10s...a little disappointing.

JKT, does your truck ever miss between 20 and 30 psi when it is cold outside with your Edge Juice/Att? Just curious. Temps are down now and I run like shiatt again.

CTD said:
My Truck made 624HP on fuel only (761 W/N20) with what's in my sig. Heading for the dyno this Saturday with a borrowed TST Comp....I'll post the numbers Sunday.

The TST Comp slowed the truck in the 1/4 by 3/10s...a little disappointing.
yeah i did 497 with just injectors. i should be right at or over 600 when the box is on. i was kinda mad that i couldnt get my redline to work on the dyno, next day i figured out that the fuse was burnt up. good numbers CTD as i should be right at 800 with my spray but the dyno will tell the truth. i still think the Redline is king.

inline6power said:
i guess every truck is different. i did 497 with mach 7s, silver bullet and no electronics. wonder why you guys have the right combo but the numbers arent there?

Well when I pulled my sensors, they were oily- so I'm blaming them right now. One of these years I'll clean the sensors, dump in a bunch of cetane additive and go try to break 500.

Just curious if you ever thought about trying a granatelli or quad box?
Last week I dynoed at Floor-it with my basicly bone stock 01 QC 4X4 and put down 320 hp and 828 lbft, which was nice, but it had fueling clear through 3800 rpms. Even John at Floor-it was stumped.

Redline

Well on my truck (2002) the redline on there now is more powerful than the TST I had on there!!!!!

Jcummins said:
Just curious if you ever thought about trying a granatelli or quad box?
Last week I dynoed at Floor-it with my basicly bone stock 01 QC 4X4 and put down 320 hp and 828 lbft, which was nice, but it had fueling clear through 3800 rpms. Even John at Floor-it was stumped.
i just dont see how there is a more power full box than the redline. not quoting quad, but i have talked to a couple of people that say the new quad adrenaline is stonger than a redline which will allready drain the rotor in the pump as it is. i may be able to understand the quad may be better if it has timing built in, then i could understand them saying its better than just a redline by itself, but a redline with a timing box is just unbeatable in my books. i mean witha vp truck, the biggest thing you want it freakin fuel . you dont have to play with presure like a cr, nor timing like a cr, just butt loads of fuel. i just dont see how you can get more if you are draining your rotor right now. not trying to call out quad but i guess i am just a little bias as to what works with my truck right now

4x4dually said:
JKT, does your truck ever miss between 20 and 30 psi when it is cold outside with your Edge Juice/Att? Just curious. Temps are down now and I run like shiatt again.

4x4 Dually
No truck runs pritty damn good at 20 to 30 psi. However before i had the problems with the surging or missing like your talking about. It would do it really bad. But it ended up being the MAP sensor.

How about this if anyone wants to loan me a Redline and a TST i will go to the dyno and run every combo there is with the edge, redline, tst and smarty.
That would sure answer every question imaginable about all this crap.:hehe:

jktcummins said:
How about this if anyone wants to loan me a Redline and a TST i will go to the dyno and run every combo there is with the edge, redline, tst and smarty.
that would work to an extent just based on the fact that every truck runs different. i have heard people make 20hp more with just a DRAG comp alone compared to a TST/smarty stack and so on. i still think the Redline is king just because of the amount of fuel it will push . of course every truck differs guess you just have to find out what works best for your applicationl

jktcummins said:
TRE diesel did this. Redline, tst comp, smarty, and drag comp and the drag comp by itself made the most power. This is with big sticks and twins.