TST vs. Edge vs. Redline vs. smarty

Ph4tty said:
TRE diesel did this. Redline, tst comp, smarty, and drag comp and the drag comp by itself made the most power. This is with big sticks and twins.
true but others have made more power with a TST comp/ smarty stack as well. all depends on what your truck likes.

IIRC...Doug has also done this test with VERY close results

like "inline6power" said every truck is a little different

Scott

not trying to put you down at all Phatty but look at your truck. you have a proven 500hp combo and yet your truck is not at 500. same thing that happened with Tyler. you take your setup and put it on another truck and it may make 520hp. its just so differnt with each truck, you almost have to try everything out there to see what works best for you. thats the only bad part is it may cost alot of money to try this and then try that but you gotta do it to see what works and what doesnt. so if anyone asked what was the best out of all the programmers or fueling boxes out there, the right answer would be which ever one works best on your truck loll.

YA

I think it all depends on what you are going to with your truck.
1) Dyno king- Drag comp
2) sled pullin- Redline

If you want bragging right from the dyno than stay with a drag. But if you are to sled pull then you want the RPM's of a redline. The RPM's will do you more good than the 10-20 more horsepower of the drag comp. Traction is more key than 10 horsepower IMO That my 2 cents

Redline

Hey JKTCUMMINS I tell you what. I will sell you my redline and if you arent happy with it then I will buy it back. I will even pay for the shipping down there.

parttimepuller said:
Hey JKTCUMMINS I tell you what. I will sell you my redline and if you arent happy with it then I will buy it back. I will even pay for the shipping down there.

Just let me borrow it , I have a TST comp and a Drag box that we can test with and another timing box

Out of all these, which one or which combo do you guys think makes for the best Street Truck? I would guess Smarty stacked with something and Prob. not the Redline.

Anyone also have some decent seat time with the Quad R. box that can compare with some of the ones listed.

the most user friendly streetable and smooth box out there is by far the DRAG comp. very smooth power and no vp shudder and no herky jerky

??

I'm selling it to him; but if he did happy with it I will buy it back, I guess.

Rods said:
Just let me borrow it , I have a TST comp and a Drag box that we can test with and another timing box

On the dyno yesterday with a TST Comp and an Edge Drag Comp...

TST on level 7, Drag Comp on 5x5 for timing only...585HP 969TQ

TST on level 9, Drag Comp on 5x5 for timing only...578HP 952TQ

Drag Comp on 5x5 with fueling enabled, TST off...620HP 1072TQ

All runs are fuel only, no N20.

I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in the TST. I've been told numerous times that it will make more power than the Drag Comp.

I bet on the road the TST/comp timing feel better than just the COMP by it self ???

smoken02 said:
fueling enabled? Why?

I hooked up the fuel pump tap wire...Without it, as in the two runs with the TST, it only adds timing and minimal fuel.

On the street, the TST is an animal...fuels way too hard. The Drag Comp is much more street friendly.

Here's what's happened in my truck...

The TST made less power than the Drag Comp.
The TST slowed the truck in the 1/4 by 4/10s.
The TST is not street friendly.

I'll stick with the Drag Comp for now, and call Chip in the spring and try a Redline at the track and on the dyno.

inline6power said:
who are you guys talking to? i have a auto, Redline unlimited box and all i do is race on the street. i have never pulled a sled in my life and my redline power puck combo kills my old drag comp, or my old TST comp smarty stack. it fuels way harder and i keep hearing stuff about he quad box able to make more power than a redline which i just dont understand how when the redline will drain the rotor as it is?

That was from the mouth of blue chip diesel themselves! Once he said the resistors will burn off and melt and said you should not run it on the street at full 100% i decided against it,

TMONEYDIESEL said:
That was from the mouth of blue chip diesel themselves! Once he said the resistors will burn off and melt and said you should not run it on the street at full 100% i decided against it,
really? i talked to Chip himself a few times and we have discussed the box for quit a while and i love it. well i guess you win some and you lose some i suppose.