Tubular Exhaust Manifold

the thing that kills me, and yes, I realize it's supply and demand... but you can get those stainless manifold for the little jap cars for pennies on the dollar compared to these cummins headers :(

Yeah, but a Honda uses less than half the stainless as a Cummins would. :D

Last edited:
here are ones that are allready done .

P1010006-12Small.jpg

P1010005_edited-1Small.jpg

P1010004_edited-1.jpg

I have over 8000 miles on these on Project X diesel and they run great, spool quicker, and run cooler.

here is a picture on project X with the ED wastegate adapter

100_0519.jpg

100_0523.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I agree with preston, you need some quality control on your flanges.
I think most of us heard you the first time you posted those pics.

here are ones that are allready done .

GREG!! QUIT THREADWHOR ING!! We don't care that XYZ makes one for $XXX. What I do like seeing is someone making them on his own for 5% of your quoted price.

GREG!! QUIT THREADWHOR ING!! We don't care that XYZ makes one for $XXX. What I do like seeing is someone making them on his own for 5% of your quoted price.

X2...but why waste your breath Brandon? Greg never get's the point, and never will;)

BTW...nice job...with the blue tape:D!
Chris

roger that...

would a pencil rubbing/tracing suffice?

Yeah I think it would work for the wj guy, but I would like one to have for quality control, to make sure everything is perfect.

I sure do wish they could be made cheaper, in just parts with polydyn coating it would be $540. I am going to look for a cheaper coating.

:Cheer:Thanks for the input guys!:Cheer:

Yeah I think it would work for the wj guy, but I would like one to have for quality control, to make sure everything is perfect.

I sure do wish they could be made cheaper, in just parts with polydyn coating it would be $540. I am going to look for a cheaper coating.

:Cheer:Thanks for the input guys!:Cheer:
FWIW, I wouldn't coat the internals. The external coating will reduce/retain enough heat to negate the cost of the internal coat.

Anyone know of someone or some company that makes a tubular exhaust manifold like the pictures above for a 12v??? Looking to get one for my '96

FWIW, I wouldn't coat the internals. The external coating will reduce/retain enough heat to negate the cost of the internal coat.

Polydyn told me it would cost the same amount, and coating the inside will keep the shiney coat on the outside shiney. I am with you though, I am going to check with Swaintech also, maybe than can get it done cheaper? Polydyn is just closer for me.

The last time I checked Swaintech didn't have anything except white-gray in high temp. I coated my last one myself with some ceramic stuff from Caswell. It wasn't that hard. The prep must be perfectly clean or the contaminates will come from underneath and rust through. It's cheap and effective! A $25 bottle would do ~8 manifolds.

Yeah I just looked, and they are about the same price as polydyn... That coating you are talking about may be the way to go.

Thanks Joe!

I call dibs on the first third gen one... Did you look into the logo like we talked about at Baytown?

Back