tuning my 12 valve for low egt's HELP

My truck was making the same sound. I found that a few of the bolts holding the compressor cover were stripped out on the secondary and leaking a lot of boost.

Yeah, a boost leak test to the 55+ psi you are running is necessary. Silicone between compressor cover and back plate is probably necessary, I have seen alot of garrett turbos need this. It will also cause lack of boost at the gauge. What is your boost between stages? It will have alot to do in helping you match the pressure ratios of the turbos.

Hopefully you'll find a leak somewhere and your power level will come up.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of egt's others are seeing with that secondary charger. I've never tried one that big so I don't know what to expect from it.

I think I heard these are 5x20

Did a few more pulls today. As soon as it spoils it sweeps the gauge quick! Only seeing 70 psi and getting a weird screech that comes I. At 55psi or so. Been messing with the drive pressure activated gate on the top turbo to try and see more psi but no luck.

i would find out what sticks your working with.
What is your timing?
What lines and DVs

Stock lines an full cuts. 18 on timing for now. I want to pull the full cuts out

Stock lines an full cuts. 18 on timing for now. I want to pull the full cuts out

In my experience this will help a lot! I lost at least 200* by going from full cuts to a 7mm .042 dv. Only lowered boost levels by a couple psi in my application(single 66/74) and felt just as strong.

I've got some 024's sitting in the box you can try. I prefer the SDX comps(they flow about 40-50cc more depending on the pump and don't smoke any worse). And if you have orings and studs, bump your timing to 24 and try it again.

That would be your problem. Not enough timing and way to much late fuel.
Just a fun fact. The 370 in marine app had the time up the midrange of 25+

I know I'm around pullers and it's totally different but there always talking about putting more and more. Some run 40*+. Ive seen what going from 16* to 22* does and I was realy impressed. And with better DV that should be your ticket

Scott, I have to agree with Ron. Your chargers aren't matched up to what your doing. I ran a Silver 66 over a Big Brother and it was really hot. And then I went to 42* and it did cool it off enough to make a comfortable pass. I would drive the bottom charger a little harder and bump the timing up a bit. Gary