Turbo?

swerve0311

First off....I have searched and searched the forums. Didn't find what I was looking for. Everybody is running such different setups. Plus, I'm pretty new to this so I get kinda lost in the technical aspects.

I'm trying to decide on a charger upgrade. Ultimately I'd like to run compounds in the future. I was considering the HX35 over HT3B. Still may go that route. Lately I've been looking at BD Deisel's super B. Heard good things about it. Plus, they have a twin upgrade kit that pretty much bolts on when I'm ready for compounds. I am going to be doing studs and injectors and would like to find a charger that will work with 6x11's as a single until I'm ready to install a twin kit.

Just want to build a fun DD with about 500+hp and still be relatively reliable.

So my questions are:

Super B (58mm comp wheel) or Killer B (63mm comp wheel) as a single and later to be used as a secondary?

Where can I find a twin kit for HX35 over HT3B?

What are the specs or sizing on HT3B? (??/??/??)

Any insight would be welcomed! Thanks.

And HX35 would be sufficient for a 6x0.011" injector as long as the fueling module is turned down, I wouldn't jump into purchasing a turbocharger if that is your concern.

We run Infinite Performance 6 x 0.011" injectors in my dads truck with a Super B and Edge EZ and its one of the best combos ever. Doesn't break 1250*, smoke free, hauls azz. Fun to drive also. ~400HP by seat of pants. Of course with a pump tap box it would make more power.

Super b is a great secondary, but it costs almost as much as a piping kit for a 35/*** compound set. If it was me, I'd go with a 35 over a 475 with the 83/74 turbine and a 1.10 ar. My set is a super b over that s475 (on westons recommendation) and it's the best setup I've ever had in this truck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We run Infinite Performance 6 x 0.011" injectors in my dads truck with a Super B and Edge EZ and its one of the best combos ever. Doesn't break 1250*, smoke free, hauls azz. Fun to drive also. ~400HP by seat of pants. Of course with a pump tap box it would make more power.

A rep over at BD told me that 150hp injectors (6x0.011) were way too much for the Super B to clean up. You say they run great in your Dad's rig. Are they smokey?

No they run very clean. No smoke at WOT. No smoke part throttle. If you hammer it from a stop or slow low rpm roll it will smoke just a bit and then it's spooled up and booggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super b is a great secondary, but it costs almost as much as a piping kit for a 35/*** compound set. If it was me, I'd go with a 35 over a 475 with the 83/74 turbine and a 1.10 ar. My set is a super b over that s475 (on westons recommendation) and it's the best setup I've ever had in this truck.

Well from what I've seen and heard from a lot of people, Weston over at Infinite Performance is the man to go to for injectors. So I will.
Is that 475 an HT3B? Did you use the Super B twin kit for your Super B over 475? If not, what kit did you use and where do I get it?

I found a local guy here in CO who deals in turbo chargers. He said "just tell me what you want and I'll find it". He said he could get me a new Borge Warner HT3B for around $750. Seems like a good deal.

No they run very clean. No smoke at WOT. No smoke part throttle. If you hammer it from a stop or slow low rpm roll it will smoke just a bit and then it's spooled up and booggie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!

Well from what I've seen and heard from a lot of people, Weston over at Infinite Performance is the man to go to for injectors. So I will.
Is that 475 an HT3B? Did you use the Super B twin kit for your Super B over 475? If not, what kit did you use and where do I get it?

I found a local guy here in CO who deals in turbo chargers. He said "just tell me what you want and I'll find it". He said he could get me a new Borge Warner HT3B for around $750. Seems like a good deal.

Ht3 is a holset design from the 80's , s475 is an s400 based turbo. Ht3's are fine but the s400 is a little more modern design, a buddy of mine has been running a 35/ht3 set for years on a 500ish hp 12v with no issues. New 475 is around $700, my piping is from stainless diesel. Weston is "smokem" on here.

Ht3 is a holset design from the 80's , s475 is an s400 based turbo. Ht3's are fine but the s400 is a little more modern design, a buddy of mine has been running a 35/ht3 set for years on a 500ish hp 12v with no issues. New 475 is around $700, my piping is from stainless diesel. Weston is "smokem" on here.

Yep. My mistake. Holset. Yeah, I've talked with Smokem briefly on here as well as his website. He's a good dude.

You know where I could find that s475 your talking about?

Actually you can get an HT3B from Garrett, Holset, or Borg Warner. The small turbine S475 is Borg Warner PN#176806.

Last edited:
Actually you can get an HT3B from Garrett, Holset, or Borg Warner. The small turbine S475 is Borg Warner PN#176806.

So....my stock HX35 over a Borg Warner s475 (83/74 turbine and an 1.10 ar), piping from stainless diesel and your 6x0.011 injectors. What do you think about that setup? Anything else I need to be thinking about or forgetting?

a 475 with the 83/74 turbine and a 1.10 ar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Could you explain this to me a bit? Still learning.

a 475 with the 83/74 turbine and a 1.10 ar.

Could you explain this to me a bit? Still learning.[/QUOTE]

83/74 is the smallest standard s400 turbine. For the most part, on the box stock s400, you'll see the 96mm turbine or the 83mm turbine.

83/74 is the smallest standard s400 turbine. For the most part, on the box stock s400, you'll see the 96mm turbine or the 83mm turbine.

Thanks! Looks like I can get the s475 you're referring to from Stainless Diesel with the twin kit.
Is there anything else I need to be aware of or add when I get the kit from Stainless?

So....my stock HX35 over a Borg Warner s475 (83/74 turbine and an 1.10 ar), piping from stainless diesel and your 6x0.011 injectors. What do you think about that setup? Anything else I need to be thinking about or forgetting?

Should work well, you may want to keep an eye manifold pressure to avoid lifting the head.

Isn't the ht3 a holset design though?

Yes it is.

92mm turbine with 1.10 ar also.