Twin Hood Stacks

I think you are right the top one looks like an hx60 the bottom is the hx82. I hit maybe 5 or 6 pulls towards the end of the year. I was in the local class thou. My promod motor is going in this spring. I saw your truck at Diesel Doctors dyno day , nice numbers you put down. That thing rips! My truck is the red duramax that was there. -Curtis

damn...i don't remember seeing your truck ( i must be going blind).....Chris at Diesel Dr's is building a new puller for this season

i am pulling my apart again and i am hoping to lay down a lot better #'s this year.....trying to keep up with Randy's D-max LOL

i guess we'll see you at the pulls,.....should be a good season, looking forward in watching you guys run

Scott

Nicely done, but whats the point? One does the job and looks better.

You guy's seen this?100_0414.jpg[/IMG]

Just seeing this now Scott, but that is Heath Mulocks truck up here in Ontario. He runs with my self in ProMod up here....or ran with me anyway. His first time out with that truck was the weekend I got a firm offer on my truck so I didn't want to risk pulling against him that weekend. From what I have heard he only had 2 runs on it before he had some minor internal damage (not as bad as he first thought).

The truck deffinatly has a different style of setup though. His chargers and the piping placement is deffinatly original and he is also running what I believe are DT466 injectors in the stock 12valve location...with just some sort of adapter instead of having the head custom build...I could be wrong on that one though. There is a better video on Youtube in the same link you posted...that was the video I took and its a little more clear. He did seem to bounce alot but that was due to the track. He was unable to get the big charger lit and you can hear that around the 100ft mark.

Personally up here with our crap tracks I think he is going to have to get alot more traction to put the power to the ground....I got spanked ALOT with trucks with 1/2 the HP because they could actually get hooked to the track and hold the traction.....thats the reason I am holding off on building another truck untill there are a few more rule changes up here.

Ryan

HI Guys

Thanks For the Comments on my truck. I am not the greatest welder in the world but thats what body men are for right?. I only got to run that truck once last year because yes I did suck a sping in off my air shut off, ( don't know how that spring broke but it did so I have been picking bits of my S400 out of my pistons here for a few days. NO other damage thankfully. The whole two stack thing was designed for Triple HT3B's but I just ran out of time to do the necessary body mods to get everything in under the hood nice and neat. The Ran and Fan set up is in the box of the truck so its all out of the way. I too Like the one hood stack, (My last truck had that) but I just have to be different. The Bounce was due to three things, A very rough track ( they just started pulling us backwards on that track compared to the classes before, so we were taking off in the ruts) My front springs were way to soft, and my front tire PSI was way to low. Hind site is always 20/20 right? I was also very light weighing in at only 7000lbs. ( I am 250 and the box is 1200, you can do the math)
Anyway, Thanks for the comments I really appreciate them

Heath

good to see you here Heath... and looking forward in see that monster pull this year

Scott

Back