twins help please anyone with twins

1996 12 valve

I need to know if the charger i have can work as a top charger. Its a 62/65/14. Is the65 too small? Would this work over an s475? Thanks to anyone who can help

yes it will work.. just dont try and make to much power without a gate between or turn to many r's.. will work great for a DD and towing twins for up to around 600hp the way it is..

I was told the 65 was too small and would stall from the forced air of the big turbo. I am aiming for between 5 and 600 hp. Truck has ddp3 injectors 4k springs 022 delivery valves and as of now the phatshaft 62 65 14

it will work.. it might not be the best for ultimate power but for 600hp it will be fine.. im not sure you have enough pump to be there yet but it will be a good street twin set.. besides how often do you plan on being at wot, not often on the street or towing but occasionally is fine and it will work great the rest of the time... take it for what its worth.

Setups like what I run have an even smaller exhaust wheel. Great setups for the street but like dzlfrk said use them in the right hp range and you will be happy.

I run 62/65/12 over an s475 and love them. the 14 housing on the top charger will be laggier (if thats a word lol) than mine but your top end will do better

Thanks TTcumns. Is your truck a 12 valve? And how long have you had the setup. Also guys so will i not be able to run the truck hard with this setup? Is that what you are saying? Like if i have 550 hp and wastegated at 55psi can i still do a sled pull every now and the or a drag race or whats the story

The setup your talking about will be more than adequate for what your use. You should be able to rag on it all day long at 550.

Ok. So what are egts like guys my whole reason for wanting to do it is to take care of high egts im tired of them. So what are your fuel setups and egts at wot? How hot can you get them?

Im starting to wonder if there is such a thing as a 12 valve that doesnt run over 1250 degrees. Is it possible to have a controllable egt 500 hp 12 valve? Anyone restore any faith here?

Im starting to wonder if there is such a thing as a 12 valve that doesnt run over 1250 degrees. Is it possible to have a controllable egt 500 hp 12 valve? Anyone restore any faith here?

Mine is a DD and I don't even watch the pyro anymore. It is hotter under part throttle than WOT. Just needs lots of airflow. If you aren't billowing black out the pipe then the EGTs are probably in check. I don't think I have seen the EGTs go past 1000 degrees since I cammed the motor. Currently a 215 pump with no plate and 5x14s. Maybe when I get the benched 180 pump in it will be hotter being it has 024 DVs in it. Just concentrate on airflow with a good spooling secondary turbo. It is easier to control EGTs if you are on top of the temps instead of playing catch up when it comes to cooling the temps.

a cam will help for sure.. you will be good with that setup for sure

Primary/atmosphere is the bottom. The important one for sppol is the top turbo as it does almost all the work daily driving. Look for a turbo with smaller exhaust wheel to help it get going faster. Something like a 62/65 turbo will support alot of power and move alot of air quickly. It would be your decision on exhaust housing. I got a Hamilton 181 right before they discontinued it and am highly impressed. The replacement 188 is supposed to spool even faster and make more power. I can have 5lbs out of a S475 by the time I have 15 PSI over all. my 62/475 combo is pushing 60-65 PSI with 25-35 out of the primary depending on how I have the wastegate set.

I already have a 62/65/14 but in your previous post you said it is important to get a good spoiling secondary. So how do i know that from an s475?

Back