Twins On A Budget?

use your HTBG!!!! the 4" hot pipe isn't going to hurt anything. That S300 will spool a lot better than an HX and it's got dual port wastegating.

S400 would be a nice high HP match... but I'd be awful tempted to hang a K31 under it! :D

Nothing wrong with using that turbo on top. It would pair better with a s400 but a HT3b or BHT3b will work well.

For awhile I ran a simular setup on my 24v with a 6speed. It would spool well and no matter how much I would turn the drag box up it still would cool with ease.

what would be a good turbo that works well alone, for light towing like 3,000lbs maximum, and then when one has the extra money to add the necessary parts to have twins that are capable of a solid 650-700hp?

What if I put an HY35 over a HT3b?

There is some guy on here running one over a K31 and loves is it.
He said it's stupid quick.
I don't care what anyone says, it would have to make a sick street setup.

It would make a killer street setup but I wouldn't run over 450hp on it.

Bingo. HY35's are freaking tiny and there aren't a choice of exhaust housings or wheels for them. Just a 9cm housing with a small exhaust wheel. They are only good for maybe 30psi of boost. You could probably run over 450hp but I'd hate to see your drive pressures and temperatures.

So could you use an hx35/40 hybrid and an s400?

Fantastic twin setup.

Good to the 500/550 mark before drive pressure becomes a concern.

Capable of 600+ with potential turbo fragging pressures.

That would be a very nice "towing twin" setup.

Whose hybrid? The 14cm exhaust would be better then the 12 (stock).

A 35/40/400 (that's a lot of slashes) would be a nice combo seeing as how it's got a much bigger exhaust wheel and housing than the hy35.

The reason I asked is because the compressor wheel on my hx35 had two blades that were fudged up. Instead of spending 1500+ on a sweet single, I would rather try to piece together a nice twin set up. So (by some chance) if I were to get the stage 2.5 upgrade from HTT, and the 14 cm (non wastegated) turbine housing with a s400 do yall think it would be possible to see 550-650 depending on the tune?

Also I was looking at the HTT web site, and it says something about internal modification are required. What modifications, and why?

If you have a nonwastegated housing, you will need an external wastegate. That is a little more expensive (and complicated) but well worth the extra cost. It shoots your "budget" in the foot, but it is a superior setup.

You could probably touch 650 with a very aggressive tune, but your well beyond what the hybrid was designed to handle (drive pressure wise) and you will be VERY toasty. The HX turbos do not like being barked. You start building massive drive pressure flowing through the turbo, then let up suddenly, the compressor is going to want to stop spinning while the exhaust is going to want to keep going. Twist a pencil opposite directions very quickly and with a lot of force. That is exactly what you will be doing to that shaft. SNAP.

A S300/S400 twin setup would be better if you are shooting for anything over 550 at the wheels.

The Hybrid / S400 might spool a little fast and will probably be cheaper. But you will sacrifice some top end cooling and some durability.

Its all give and take in the turbo game.

I have found a way to CHEAPLY solve the "bark" problem. A BOV that works from exhaust drive pressure.

I have found a way to CHEAPLY solve the "bark" problem. A BOV that works from exhaust drive pressure.

what if your drive pressure isn't higher than boost? when I first put my sps62 on my red 98, I could make 55psi of boost at 45psi of drive pressure below 3000rpm