Twins, twins, twins, twins..........

I was told to stay clear of those due to cheap turbo's.

Well the bottom charger is the same s475 (or HT3B) in which you get from oem suppliers out of the box. Their custom built top charger (62mm or 64mm) have quick spool, larger size shaft than the competitors, and made in their shop. II and HTT your paying a lot for the name! And their warranty is the same.

the turbos are fine, but i have heard the diesel power source piping kits are cheeeeeaply built

Well the bottom charger is the same s475 (or HT3B) in which you get from oem suppliers out of the box. Their custom built top charger (62mm or 64mm) have quick spool, larger size shaft than the competitors, and made in their shop. II and HTT your paying a lot for the name! And their warranty is the same.

Wait, you're telling me they make their own shafts, weld them to bored out turbine wheels, bore out the compressor wheels, machine new bearings, and use custom seals? :umno:
Anyone using s300 and s400 turbos is using the same stuff (some just from factorys with better tolerances)

Where they are getting that claim is by comparing holsets to borgwarners. Hardly anyone offers a complete package with holsets. So in my eyes that's not a valid claim. They've obviously fed you the same marketing mumbo jumbo that the other companies are spewing to their customers. Don't go around spreading that nonsense. :soap:

Anyone out there running the new style Industrial Injection twins? If so, how's the fit???

Wait, you're telling me they make their own shafts, weld them to bored out turbine wheels, bore out the compressor wheels, machine new bearings, and use custom seals? :umno:
Anyone using s300 and s400 turbos is using the same stuff (some just from factorys with better tolerances)

Where they are getting that claim is by comparing holsets to borgwarners. Hardly anyone offers a complete package with holsets. So in my eyes that's not a valid claim. They've obviously fed you the same marketing mumbo jumbo that the other companies are spewing to their customers. Don't go around spreading that nonsense. :soap:

THANK YOU!! DPS is a good salesman and will feed you bs as needed...

What he does is buy the bw turbine and then has china cast the exh housing...as well as everything else that's castings....the tubing is all silcone which is effected by engine heat..he says it does flex some but not by much, yeah..right.

I fabbed up a cold pipe from top to bottom and increased bottom boost by 8-10psi. Actually after awhile, my bottom hardly ever spooled...came into play after I finally fabbed up my own wg valve since I had 3-4 failures.

One of the valves (same one evertime), would end up rounding out the mushroomed head and lodging next to the other, keeping it open..no wg

DPS warrantied the 1st 2 without asking any questions, I mean NONE. No trouble shooting... 3rd one had one hell of a time getting him to stand up, then he ends up sending me a used one...all this within 10K miles. I have all the boxes still to prove. Told that I'd go on the forums to inform others, he threatened to sue for slander...told him meaning of slander is lies...my info. is the truth. He just hung up on me...oh, he asked me to show a warranty for the housings. He said there's none...standing behind his crap, his way.

Yeah, I'm still po'd...even after 17 months.

My advise is to stay clear and use source auto. like I wish I did. Even Shane would be a good source if he could crank them out quicker.:)

This last failure, didn't even bother calling his sorry a$$. I fabbed one which is STILL holding up...better than his crap.

Here's what I'm talking 'bout...inside/right side valve missing.
AA-WASTEGATEFAIL001.jpg

AAAADDRESSINFO073.jpg

This is my fabbed one piece valve..

BETTYSHORTY-WGATE-SMARTY006.jpg

These forums are to help each other...thru own own dealings or mis-fortunes/mistakes..

So far I think I'm the only one who has had this problem or only one who has posted anyway....everyone else who has the same 62/74 twins or the newer 62/480 style has no complaints...but in the lower stg of programmers-power mods.

To this day, only 50 psi max boost and on a good day...with wg practically closed. I drilled/tapped vacuum elbow and have a set screw to limit.

These forums are to help each other...thru own own dealings or mis-fortunes/mistakes..

So far I think I'm the only one who has had this problem or only one who has posted anyway....everyone else who has the same 62/74 twins or the newer 62/480 style has no complaints...but in the lower stg of programmers-power mods.

To this day, only 50 psi max boost and on a good day...with wg practically closed. I drilled/tapped vacuum elbow and have a set screw to limit.

not doggin ur stuff just saying all wastegate housing crack and give problems I just despise wastgates if a turbo is set up right u dont need them

not doggin ur stuff just saying all wastegate housing crack and give problems I just despise wastgates if a turbo is set up right u dont need them

I couldn't disagree more. A setup like this: Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Wouldn't work at all with out that big external gate. Internal gates are all but useless, a well thought out external gate setup makes the difference, when using a big primary, between being a track only set and something you can actually drive.

I hate internal gates, I love external gates. No gate means too much compromise.

I couldn't disagree more. A setup like this: Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Wouldn't work at all with out that big external gate. Internal gates are all but useless, a well thought out external gate setup makes the difference, when using a big primary, between being a track only set and something you can actually drive.

I hate internal gates, I love external gates. No gate means too much compromise.

I perfer this setup it spools like a 62 over 480 and will lay a 100psi gauge over easy with a tune or with out
new twins installed what do you think - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

I have driven enough S400 chargers to know that they don't light or spool like a 62, no matter how much fuel you throw at them. To say otherwise is just trying to pull the wool over someones eyes. When was the last time you saw an S400 make 20psi by 1600rpm?

I have built, and tried at least a dozen different chargers, in no gate, internal gate, and external gate twin configurations. Hands down the external gate setups are the most tunable, and allow for the largest spread in chargers, making them the most drivable while maintaining the same top horsepower potential.

I have driven enough S400 chargers to know that they don't light or spool like a 62, no matter how much fuel you throw at them. To say otherwise is just trying to pull the wool over someones eyes. When was the last time you saw an S400 make 20psi by 1600rpm?

I have built, and tried at least a dozen different chargers, in no gate, internal gate, and external gate twin configurations. Hands down the external gate setups are the most tunable, and allow for the largest spread in chargers, making them the most drivable while maintaining the same top horsepower potential.

Believe what u want! I have drove his truck and it does spool better than a 300/400 combo.

Back