UDC Sample Tunes

Anybody interested in either having remote tuning done or helping guys with remote tuning, Brian is working on an detailed instruction sheet for it and should have it ready for you guys pretty quick. It helps simplify a lot of the questions you guys have had about having someone else write tunes for your truck.

Excellent, I'm interested.

Anyone with an 05 mind saving your stock tune in UDC and sending it to me or posting it on here. I'd like to compare my 03 stock file with an 05 stock file.

Excellent, I'm interested.

Anyone with an 05 mind saving your stock tune in UDC and sending it to me or posting it on here. I'd like to compare my 03 stock file with an 05 stock file.

They are quite a bit different in certain areas, mostly down low. I tuned an 04 with almost the same setup as I run on my 05, and had to write a completely different tune for his compared to my own. Great results so far tho.

Thanks.. I have always wanted to use a Bio product.. Did a fair amount of research and was almost going to start making it from a restaurant that I could use as much as they had from their Soy oil waste. Could not get myself to put that into the truck no matter how I filtered or processed it. Just looked horrible and like my engine to much. Too bad as I could get the waste oil for nothing.. Would had been bad for my waist if the exhaust smelled like chicken fingers also.. would always be hungry.

Here is the flyer I found on "Alterra Diesel Maxx" but, I think they have gone belly up or it's sold under another name.. Reading their lube comparison data (on page 11) they had the best fuel lube on the market. It's to bad we can't find it any longer..

Attachments

Thanks Randy I will take a look at flyer and look around. Hoping someone else is selling this.

Randy
I had purchased some of the Optilube XDP to try and after reading your PDF it looks like a fairly decent product. Really want to keep the lubricity up and fuel from gelling.
Thanks

Randy
I had purchased some of the Optilube XDP to try and after reading your PDF it looks like a fairly decent product. Really want to keep the lubricity up and fuel from gelling.
Thanks

That's seems to be the best available at this point.. IMOP, proper fuel filtration, fuel lubrication and RP's kept within reason is the best thing you can do to get longevity from your injectors..

ashless 2 stroke, one OZ per gallon........... tried the optilube, only thing I noticed was less money in my pocket.

ashless 2 stroke, one OZ per gallon........... tried the optilube, only thing I noticed was less money in my pocket.

What results are you getting with the 2 cycle? I ran it for a while but stopped after finding Diesel Max.

seems to quiet down the motor, and I liked the perfomance on the charts during testing, especially when you consider they only used a half oz per gallon during the test.. It is readily available, cheaper, and does not stink like opti lube.

I ran 2 stroke for a while, long enough to burn a gallon adding 10oz per tank, and my truck didn't really react to it. I also noticed that it made my exhaust brake sticky and harder to get full engagement. I quit using it and so no change, other than quicker exhaust brake activation.

I run Amsoil Diesel Concentrate with every tank, and can't comment on what it does as I have never ran without it.

Most of the reading I have done most don't recommend using it because they say it will not completely burn off and leaves a deposit build up of some sort. Check out "Turbo Diesel Register" Turbo Diesel Register there has been some information written about it..

I have been running two stroke for over 4 years one ounce per gallon since they took out all the sulfur there is nothing to lubricate the fuel system internals. 2007 and up have been built to run this crap but the 2006 and older were built to run on regular diesel. Now there is nothing in the diesel for the older systems that need a lubricant. I love being able to go to Mexico and run their regular diesel with no problems! I have had no problems this far and it's cheap insurance! A 2 micron filter is the best thing anyone can do for their fuel system!

I do not believe there were any CP3 changes made that dealt with ULSD, but I could be wrong.

Back