Unbelieveable!!!

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
So the general consensus is 12 quarts of oil for the 24v, right?
Well, a budy of mine decided to change the oil in his 02 24v with 249k on the clock. he noticed the catch pan was a bit on the light side when he slid it out from under the truck, so we decided to pour the used stuff back in the Rotella jug to see how much was left...........

3 quarts.

No low oil pressure, nothing. ran like a champ. The truck is burning oil, the blue smoke is there, but not bad.

I am amazed the thing is still alive though LOL

Hope he drives it like a grandpa so it had some oil to toss at the main bearings.

dan

Nope. this truck pulls 16-17k fairly regularly.....wide arse open. This truck gets no slack cut at all LOL

Only 250k and it's buring oil that bad? What's the problem?

Dunno..... Guess we will find out when the motor takes a dump. I think it is the turbo.

It aint a waste on a powerstroke Pete LOL

Turbo, heck.... that's an easy fix. :ylsuper: Forced Inductions is just up the road! :evil

........if the old truck does puke, the new toy just might haft'a earn it's keep.:rockwoot:

The new toy will never see such abuse LOL

That's not what he said.........

No flaps......

No Running boards or tubes.......

No retracted type of step, nothing.... Why???

He said they'd just get knocked off. :doh: LOL

That truck has no Idea of how bad it can get. LOL

Dude, I promise....... there are few trucks on the planet that are regularly beaten on as hard as the 3 quart truck. As far as flaps and boards go, neither of us have run them. If you have ever seen what a mudflap will do to a fender when dropped off in a rut, you would think the same way.

Timbeaux38 said:
If you have ever seen what a mudflap will do to a fender when dropped off in a rut, you would think the same way.

You need mo' biggar tire or mo' betta driving.

Ruts? We don't need no stinkin ruts. Use the suzukis for traction.

MD-LUCKY said:
You need mo' biggar tire or mo' betta driving.

Ruts? We don't need no stinkin ruts. Use the suzukis for traction.

Alabama ruts are oftentimes as large as the truck. I try to stay out of the woods in this truck, but there are times when you have to go fetch a deer that it is unavoidable

I was just teasing..

You guys and your mud holes down south is just plain scary.

I always say the same thing in my truck.. But I always end up in the hills..

Although in Idaho you don't fall into ruts, you fall OFF mountains.. :bang: :blahblah1: :bang:

:)

Attachments

• sidetruck.jpg
    sidetruck.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 30
Tim, your buddy only had three quarts and there is a Powerjoke thread about a Furd that is two quarts too high....

lets see....... 15+2extra = 17 quarts.......thats almost 6 times more oil than your buddy's rig.........holy cow(best Harry Carry voice here)

MD-LUCKY said:
I was just teasing..

You guys and your mud holes down south is just plain scary.

I always say the same thing in my truck.. But I always end up in the hills..

Although in Idaho you don't fall into ruts, you fall OFF mountains.. :bang: :blahblah1: :bang:

:)

Good Gawd! how did you pull that off?

Timbeaux38 said:
Good Gawd! how did you pull that off?

A temporary malfunction caused by too little brain and too much throttle, cured by gravity.. :badidea:

I was pulling multiple people from stucks off the mountain. I slid off one side, punched it to keep from getting stuck, and slid across the other (nasty) side.

At the time, I had more then 3qts of oil in the engine.. and probably about 3qts in my pants.

:wrong: :banned: :wrong:

'll agree with you on the turbo Timmy, I think mine is starting to suck some oil down as well. Think that running a stock unit at 30+psi for extended periods might be bad for it?? LOL

MD, you were lucky bud!

What are the tail-tale signs there is a problem? Would the Innercooler become clogged or something?