upgraded nozzles

McRat said:
If you want to sell internal engine parts, tuning, or nitrous systems, just sign on as a vendor. But spamming the board for TTS free advertising is wrong, especially when it has zero to do with the topic of discussion.

Thanks Pat, Makes my Job easier when I dont have to say it.

Not trying to sell anything here, What I said is how are we going to rate them? By real dyno numbers or your over inflated fuzzy math numbers. You have no idea how quick or fast Frank's truck is so why post what you do not know. What we do know is you refused to race him when at the track, make what ever excuses you see fit to use today.

Stock injectors with a stock fuel system and turbo will support ~ 525 non fuzzy math RwHp

Diesel Tech said:
Not trying to sell anything here, The what is this? Looks like a add to me. :kick: Tuners of the worlds quickest and fastest Duramax pickups.
What I said is how are we going to rate them? By real dyno numbers or your over inflated fuzzy math numbers. You have no idea how quick or fast Frank's truck is so why post what you do not know. What we do know is you refused to race him when at the track, make what ever excuses you see fit to use today.

Stock injectors with a stock fuel system and turbo will support ~ 525 non fuzzy math RwHp

Then what about that 540 dyno?

Come Steve this BS is pretty much ruining the DP. Do us a favor. Start your own forum please. Leave it out of this one. Voice your frustration there. As for Fuzzy math. Call Mat C. He has seen my truck on the dyno. He knows there is no fuzzy math in my results. I think he figured out why I was coming on so strong the second half of the season. My tune is not totally Mcrat but mostly. All his tunes are evovling works in progress. A group effort.:thankyou2:

Now to the tech part. While do agree that stock injectors can support somewhere around 750hp. I have to question how well. With the cracked piston issues we have seen and the hardness data that Mahle provided. It looks to me that big EGTs from really pushing stock injectors with huge pulse width could be a large part of the problem. Bigger injectors do help the EGTs. Look at Kyle Micheals truck. When I asked what he had for injectors he said "Think Dodge". He runs big injectors and has not had any piston failures that I know of. Interesting!

I have yet to see any stock injector, stock fuel system, stock turbo truck make anything over ~525 RwHp with an accurate dyno being operated. That was the question that was asked. McRat continues to tell people that I have stated ~400 RwHp in those conditions which is total BS. If your going to rework the fuel system, install a larger turbo/turbo's with completely stock injectors and tips I do believe you might get ~ 625 RwHp.

What do you think about bigger injectors helping lower EGTs. In turn helping are poor pistons live?

There are several things that will help the pistons live, EGT being one of them. It tuely needs to be a group of things to help the poor pistons and when you push any one thing out of the group they will suffer. Just lowering compression or just bigger injectors isn't going to gain much of anything by themselves. Cylinder pressure, when and how it occurs will be the biggest player into making the pistons live. Were well beyond the limits of most of the factory parts so it's all about how long you expect them to live. We've got powerlevels well over 1200 FwHp using stock pistons but we do not expect them to live much over 4 -5 hours of use.

Diesel Tech said:
I have yet to see any stock injector, stock fuel system, stock turbo truck make anything over ~525 RwHp with an accurate dyno being operated. That was the question that was asked. McRat continues to tell people that I have stated ~400 RwHp in those conditions which is total BS. If your going to rework the fuel system, install a larger turbo/turbo's with completely stock injectors and tips I do believe you might get ~ 625 RwHp.

So you are saying Peanut only dyno'd 625? Everyone was watching, and I believe it was on Dunbar's Dynojet.

Nick was there, he talked to Peanut.

So are you calling Nick a liar or Peanut?

Last edited:
Diesel Tech said:

Allah has spoken.....

Concerning your repeated accusations that I'm a coward:

You seldom race at these events even when you have multiple trucks. The Diesel Charity Event at Fontana was no exception.

I got into lanes for the first "grudge" round, no TTS.

I got into lanes the second "grudge" round, no TTS.

Smell/smoke coming from hood was a melted wiring harness, so I missed the third round which was Round One of brackets. No more grudge racing.

There were TWO grudge rounds only, and I was in both of them. Frank was not. None of TTS trucks could touch our ET's. Stock injectors.

Offering a fuse after I could not run again I hope was a gesture of goodwill, not a slam that a defective fan cut my day short.

Now that I know any offer of assistance from "your" trucks will be used as an insult against me later, obviously do not bother in the future. I will continue to help you again or anyone else at the track as I have in the past, because that's who I am.

You would think with all the rods TTS has been selling that he could afford to spend some of that money to advertise here...........:owned:

But I guess sales must not be as good as it seems as the cost here must be too high for his ad budget..........:welcome:

Just my $ .02 cents..........:thankyou2:

Last edited:
Mcrat
First off Frank was there and ran both rounds but according to the track people you requested to line up with someone else. Doug drove the truck the first pass as Frank had to go get long pants as he had shorts on. After that he was ready to race you and you refused plain enough.

As far as Peanuts truck Nick was not there and from what I heard it was a local dyno not Dunbar's so your just telling more stories, but your so good at it. So what are Peanuts track times, if he is over 625 that should have him into the low 11"s.

How could Frank run both rounds when you said he went home to get pants?

But you are probably right about who's dyno it was. You can't be wrong all the time, even a busted clock is right twice a day.

But I digress. This is how you handle all technical threads. When you are completely 100% off base, you start throwing insults instead of discussing the issue.

There were dozens of racers there (you weren't one of them) that will dispute your "version" of the event. You're the guy in the bleachers who screams obscenities at the players, except perhaps even more irritating and banal.

120.4 mph at LACR on stock injectors. Use your "fuzzy math" to figure out how much HP that is. You know what Nick runs there. 625? RIIGGGHHTTT...
3360lb 440rwhp Corvette = 116mph at LACR. 6480lb XXXhp Pickup = 120 mph.

You really have no idea how much power stock injectors are capable of.

Last edited:
Aluminum gets softer fast as a function of temp.
The more air that is in the cylinder, the more pressure and transfer of heat.
Add the cylinder pressure for more force, and you have the ingredients for forming the aluminum. When we were running 30PSI and 2000 deg with 1100ftlb, the pressure and air density were not getting the aluminum hot enough, fast enough. 2000 deg at 45PSIA (30PSI boost) is not the same heat transfer as 2000 deg at 75PSIA (60PSI boost). It takes "mass" and temperature to exchange heat. Thinner air, less fuel, regardless of temp is not as dangerous.

So we know based on physics the piston itself will get hotter at the same HP with more boost at the same EGT, because there is more mass of "hot stuff" to heat it up.

Seems piston cracking on fuel only is still pretty rare regardless of HP at 40PSI. The rods might bend, but the pistons tend to be intact.

Last edited:
If heat is the issue, coating should solve all the problems without lowering the compression?

Bobo said:
If heat is the issue, coating should solve all the problems without lowering the compression?

Coating should help. It would take longer for the piston to absorb the heat, and keep more of the heat in the gases, which will make more power.

Coating will not save the rods though, and might even make a slight increase in cylinder pressure.

Compression reduction will help save parts at high boost levels. Someone posted "somewhere" that lowering compression will increase volume in the cylinder and allow more air in, hence more power. That could be true in a gas engine sometimes, but it's kinda silly in a diesel.

If you drop a Dmax from 17.5 to 14.0 compression, you only gain 1% more volume, or a potential 10hp at 1000hp. But you probably lose it all back and then some from loss of quench effect.

Same scenario with a gasser, but drop from 10:1 to 7:1, and you'd get 4%, and gain 40hp at 1000.

If you expect to run high boost, decompress the pistons.

This thred has some valid good information in it . That being said . Lets keep it on topic. This slanderous BS that has went on at other places will not be tolerated. Keep it to injectors and on topic . Past races and lost dreams will not stay !

Climax runs high boost, lots of fuel, and lower compression. That motor lived. Many motors that were not decompressed, no matter the configuration of boost, egt's, etc, did crack pistons. I'm leaning toward psi causing these weak stock pistons to crack. Although heat does have a detrimental effect to the stock pistons, I don't think heat or heat soak are getting to these parts before the psi takes them out. I also think psi will kill the bearings in a short amount of time. I would not run a motor on the street over 700 hp for any length of time without tearing it down to check the bearings. If psi is killing pistons and rods, the bearings are not going to hold up either.

Back