v2 wont connect

outlaw99

I just rescently ran into this problem. I go to connect to any truck it will not find the ecm.. it will not connect through scan tool either.. I redownloaded all software and devices same thing.. is this a v2 issue or in my computer? Thanks.

That's weird.... I would put my money on the V2 being bad. But if you dont have it hooked up to your computer and just plug the V2 into the truck will it turn on?

possibly try uninstalling and reinstalling both softwares and see if it helps.

nevermind, should have read the first post better.

Yeah I'm confused.. cause the laptop will find the v2.. so its Like its on the obd2 side.

Damn.. That's goofy! I wonder if one of the cords have gone bad? Might be something to try? LOL

this one is silly but sometime your default on your computer is not set as administrator and might not be allowing the programing to run fully. Try opening up efi with right clicking the scan tool or whatever file and telling it to open as administrator

when the problem first happened were you trying to flash or read? Do you have access to a different truck you can try to read?

Try to read another truck, In 1000's of V2 I've only seen a couple go bad and that is usually from hard use. I'm guessing something in that trucks path to the ecm is blocking.

I go to connect to any truck it will not find the ecm..

Try to read another truck, In 1000's of V2 I've only seen a couple go bad and that is usually from hard use. I'm guessing something in that trucks path to the ecm is blocking.

when the problem first happened were you trying to flash or read? Do you have access to a different truck you can try to read?

I think he has tried other trucks.

Ive tried 4 trucks.. I can connect to any truck using a autocal for the scantool. using a autocal and my laptop.. so Id say its not my laptop.

Ive tried 4 trucks.. I can connect to any truck using a autocal for the scantool. using a autocal and my laptop.. so Id say its not my laptop.

Well that's crappy to think that the V2 sh!t it's self. I hope that never happens to the one I have.

Maybe get a hold of Cindy or one of the guys and see what they say? Hopefully you wont have to buy another one...

Yep. latest on both. Tried two different laptops that both work with other V2's.

Can you plug in the V2 into the computer and open up the help menu in V7.5>v2 vin licensing and see if it'll read what's on the V2?

Here is a good link to check the firmware and bootblock. To update the bootblock/firmware if needed, click here. http://content.efilive.com/tutorials/video/FlashScan%20V2%20or%20AutoCal%20-%20V8%20-%20Upgrading%20Bootblock%20and%20Firmware.mp4

I've seen cables go bad and have had to have the ports replaced on my hard used V2, but very rare that the V2 would quit you.

It enumerates on the USB bus, just no change in behavior when it's plugged into the truck.

OBDII cable is the next check. I have them in stock if you need one.

i have tried 3 cables..lol usb and obd cable.. im lost..lol I find it odd that it will connect to laptop though.. like I can modify tunes and such, just cant conect to truck.