VHT

powerstroke113

VHT.

Have you guys ever used VHT Trackbite and how well does it work? I am thinking about brushing this stuff on the front tires just to help get some extra traction. I was looking threw Jegs and saw it.

good stuff...very few people use it anymore due to the tire technology that has been introduced in the past few years. Worth a shot, 60ft does make or break a pass!

if its slicks, we used to paint it on and let it soak a few days, keeping them wet, then at track, we would do a burnout in water, then roll up and have someone pour some on ground and roll into it and spin the tires but not a burnout, just to coat them.

in the recent years local track wont let us lay down VHT, they claim it counter acts with the track compound.

we do use vht off track as well.

There are a few guys around home that use it. It will make a drag radial dead hook on a 2 lane country road.

our track still buys barrels of the stuff and uses it every time they prep the track or when they change classes of racing..
broke my buddys duramax on it...that was cheap...

Get a dawn dish soap bottle and fill it with a mix of vht and gasoline itll hook like a mother great for the occasional street racer or if your track will let you use it on site.

Pimp Juice!!

Link: 1

k16id5copy.jpg

Most people that are serious use the stuff, works esp. good with drag radials.

VHT.

Have you guys ever used VHT Trackbite and how well does it work? I am thinking about brushing this stuff on the front tires just to help get some extra traction. I was looking threw Jegs and saw it.

Brian,

If you used it you would want to use it on the REAR tires not the front!! That is where the weight transfer is.

These guys use the hell out of it:

Read an article years ago that said they would soak those old bias tires in the stuff.

JQ you beat me to it, local product for me to get ahold of works awesome, after you roll threw it you can see streamers of it in the air its so sticky!

Pimp Juice is the good stuff. Hope you have a stout front end!!!!

Brian,

If you used it you would want to use it on the REAR tires not the front!! That is where the weight transfer is.

From i've been told and learned........ in a 4wd you want to prevent the weight from transfering to the rear. Thats why people rachet strap there front ends down.

Sometimes my truck really hooks well and then sometimes it spin the front left tire and the 60ft suffers.....Mainly due to bad track prep. My 60fts range from 1.54 to a 1.65 on M&H slicks. I don't want to put locker in the front end so i am gonna try this stuff on all 4 tires. I think i might try the pimp juice stuff too.

Out of curiousity, will these products work well with a all terrain style tire. Or only slicks?

From i've been told and learned........ in a 4wd you want to prevent the weight from transfering to the rear. Thats why people rachet strap there front ends down.

Sometimes my truck really hooks well and then sometimes it spin the front left tire and the 60ft suffers.....Mainly due to bad track prep. My 60fts range from 1.54 to a 1.65 on M&H slicks. I don't want to put locker in the front end so i am gonna try this stuff on all 4 tires. I think i might try the pimp juice stuff too.

Out of curiousity, will these products work well with a all terrain style tire. Or only slicks?

i used VHT on all 4 toyo proxes...i never found the breaking point. hooked like a mofo.

are you guys just coating the tires then racing on them or using it during the burnout. also how many passes do you get before the treatment goes away.

think it would work any good if I were to put on the inside of the tire and let it soak in?

Brian,

Traction is ALL ABOUT weight transfer!! The reason you strap or load the front springs is not to "prevent" weight transfer, but to keep the front axle from becoming "unsprung" WHEN the weight transfers. When the front axle "floats" on unsprung springs as the front end lifts, the loss in traction causes the unweighted axle to tend to hop. The "racheting down" or loading the front leafs has 2 benefits. It actually promotes MORE weight transfer to the rear and also does not allow the axle to "hang" on unsprung springs thus eliminating hop.

:)

Brian,

Traction is ALL ABOUT weight transfer!! The reason you strap or load the front springs is not to "prevent" weight transfer, but to keep the front axle from becoming "unsprung" WHEN the weight transfers. When the front axle "floats" on unsprung springs as the front end lifts, the loss in traction causes the unweighted axle to tend to hop. The "racheting down" or loading the front leafs has 2 benefits. It actually promotes MORE weight transfer to the rear and also does not allow the axle to "hang" on unsprung springs thus eliminating hop.

:)

yep. you want it to run smoothly down the frame rail.