Vp pump cc's

No, but that doesn't mean that your opinion is right.

Then prove my opinion wrong, stop publishing articles that have blatently false information. And I'm not talking about this topic, I've seen numerous examples of inaccuracies on write-ups, of setups I am very familiar with.

375hp/141cc = 2.659hp/cc.

For a sled puller, this would be a pipe dream, but for OEM, efficiency is what they're about...they can do it.

So this same P7100 on a common test stand produces over 200cc's, now who's values should we use to compare? Cummins data, or a test stand on which other pumps can be compared on an equal scale? You just don't get it do you, and that last comment is laughable.

So this same P7100 on a common test stand produces over 200cc's, now who's values should we use to compare? Cummins data, or a test stand on which other pumps can be compared on an equal scale? You just don't get it do you, and that last comment is laughable.

I have used Cummins data tags and mathmatics as an example, and well, if you don't believe any of them, I don't know what to say.

I'm going to go outside on this nice, sunny, California day, and play, somewhere where this thread can't find me. :lolly:

Doing some math does not replace having experience in the subject matter, hence the reason you cannot tell when you are publishing inaccurate information. You believe I am the only one that has the opinion I do of Diesel Power Magazine?

I equate DPM to a Playboy; it's fun to pick one up every now and then to look at the pictures, but I believe the articles about as much as I believe "she's a current law student with an A average".

Would someone just run one of these damn monster pumps on a stand so we have an idea of what to expect?

Screw the rest of it.

Would someone just run one of these damn monster pumps on a stand so we have an idea of what to expect?

Screw the rest of it.

Maybe send one to Cummins, then they can inform the rest of the Performance World how it's really done.

I have used Cummins data tags and mathmatics as an example, and well, if you don't believe any of them, I don't know what to say.

And those figures don't match the flow ratings published in Diesel Power's article, is it your goal to be redundant? It would make more sense that Cummins' figures are based on consumption, and do not take into account the amount of fuel not used ie; return rate. So therefore the pump itself is injecting more fuel than the engine is consuming, thus Bosch's values and Cummins' values are not comparable. This would also explain why the proposed hp vs injected quantity is so far off of what is known in the aftermarket. The problem is, common sense is boring and doesn't sell, so fantastical numbers and claims are used.

Last edited:
I equate DPM to a Playboy; it's fun to pick one up every now and then to look at the pictures, but I believe the articles about as much as I believe "she's a current law student with an A average".

Pictures do sell, nice analogy.

Screw the rest of it.

It's been done....500-550cc.....probably not at rated rpm.

For a meaningful and technically accurate resource, check out this Diesel Power Magazine video of a 931rwhp VP44 truck (x20 percent drivetrain =1168hp) dyno pull...(notice, how 1cc~2 flywheel hp......weird, huh.)

Diesel Power Magazine: On Hand To See The New (fuel only) VP44 Dyno Record - YouTube

For a meaningful and technically accurate resource, check out this Diesel Power Magazine video of a 931rwhp VP44 truck (x20 percent drivetrain =1168hp) dyno pull...(notice, how 1cc~2 flywheel hp......weird, huh.)

That dyno has been questioned numerous times for being rather liberal, and 20% drivetrain loss...are you serious? And since when did a single dyno pull become a technically accurate resource? This falls into the same category as the correction factors used during the last Diesel Power Challenge.

Im glad i posted that link...this has been a fun read, always love a whos dick is bigger thread.

That dyno has been questioned numerous times for being rather liberal, and 20% drivetrain loss...are you serious? And since when did a single dyno pull become a technically accurate resource? This falls into the same category as the correction factors used during the last Diesel Power Challenge.

why is jason to be held accountable for everything DP mag does? pretty blanket statement, why dont you attack the questions at hand, not hit the guy with bs that for the majority, is out of his control. im not saying he himself hasnt written things that may have ended up being not true, but he isnt a liar, and certainly wouldnt fudge stuff for the sake of good articles. thats integrity. he hasnt attacked or brought up stuff where you have been questioned about your work, which he easily could.

which brings the question, you assume that the aftermarket world knows more about the factory pump and injection event than cummins does when they rate their equipment?

Last edited:
why is jason to be held accountable for everything DP mag does? pretty blanket statement, why dont you attack the questions at hand, not hit the guy with bs that for the majority, is out of his control.

I did argue the facts of his statements, not just Diesel Power's. And it isn't really a blanket statement, as I have often directly disagreed with what he says, not just the articles he defends. You may take what I have said here as some form of personal attack on Jason and or Diesel Power Magazine, but it isn't, I am very accustomed to people reacting to my responses as more than a simple discussion.

which brings the question, you assume that the aftermarket world knows more about the factory pump and injection event than cummins does when they rate their equipment?

Both Cummins and the aftermarket can both give an accurate measure on output, but each uses a different scale, therefore they are not comparable. Maybe I did not make that clear enough before? The original question was what the pump flowed in cc's, not what was the consumption rate in mm³.

As often happens on the internet, this thread has taken a turn away from it's original purpose, been injected with people's emotional and defensive responses, and has run it's course.

It would make more sense that Cummins' figures are based on consumption, and do not take into account the amount of fuel not used ie; return rate. So therefore the pump itself is injecting more fuel than the engine is consuming, thus Bosch's values and Cummins' values are not comparable. This would also explain why the proposed hp vs injected quantity is so far off of what is known in the aftermarket.

^^^^^ This makes sense to me. 215hp, 180cc fuel deliverd, 105cc used and 75cc sent through the return. Seems straight forward to me.