VP44 guys help me on this

electronics is just a drog comp and i only have it turned on for the rpms
no timing and level one only.
Unless Edge has changed the drag comp over the last couple of years, level 5 was the only level that fuels to 3200 rpm.

precision 67/64 .68

too small! Youve got a lot of fuel for that little of a turbo

i know the size in comparison to what most everybody has it is small but would i be correct in assuming that a charger that is too small would have massive drive pressure. Not too mention with all that fuel i could spin the shhh out of it right. Well like i have said before at peak boost which is 50psi so far im at 50 psi drive pressure. Thats 1 to 1 RATIO. The most effecient a turbo could ever be. The exhaust wheel and housing is not choking the motor at all. it is flowing the best it ever could. I had this same fuel setup with my stock as a rock hx35 which clearly is way to small for the setup. I drove like that for a good 6 to 8 months before this turbo went on. With the hx35 on there i could light that turbo any time i wanted to and the truck would scream. Im sure the turbo wasnt happy but it held up. Now i expected a good amount of lag with the new turbo but i new it would make up for it when it lit. I ran that turbo for 3 weeks and it fried the exhaust wheel. 3 weeks..... My stocker is currently still running on another truck. My point is the truck did not perform anywhere near what would be expected. It acts like im trying to spool a giant single not a too small 67mm. If everyone runs larger ar and bigger exhaust wheels and it works than why am i not seeing excessive drive pressure and high egts trying to force all that exhaust through such a "small" housing.

I will say not all turbos are created equal by any means. That is to say the design of my housings and wheels are not the same as a borgwarner or schwitzer or holset.

I Just dont think the turbo is the real issue. I cant spin it like its too small for my setup. I beleive there is more to be had with changing my converter stall back closer to stock and putting a laptop on the truck to see what the motor is really doing.

also ill ask again does anyone know where timing is read at. cranck sensor or cpu on the vp44

does anyone know where timing is read at. cranck sensor or cpu on the vp44
I think its read off of the cam
sensor and a combo of the pump , i do know its variable through out the rpm range

Back